Templates and Skins

Post questions and suggestions here
Charlatan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charlatan »

Being almost completely computer illiterate, I don't know what everyone is talking about, but have noticed an intersting quirk that I suspect is related. At least on my computer, this site looks totally different logged in than it does logged off. Logged off, it's wide, with more colors, mainly tans, and a 'wood' background. Once I log in, it becomes narrower, with black sides, a primarily red background, and the only colors are red, grey, black, and white, not counting the yellow smilies. I'm guessing that the 'logged off' version is this 'Chronicles' thing, and the 'logged in' version is 'ashgrunge'?
"One thing about livin' in Santa Carla I never could stomach... all the damn vampires."
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Quite right... And you can change your default style view from your profile.

I guess I've been viewing Chronicles for far too long, because it's the only one that actually looks "right" to me. Granted its not quite Ravenloft, but it is a good style for the board.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

That's about the size of it.

When the infernal Admin changes the default profile for the site, it doesn't change the profile that other people are using. New members start on the default, but can change their profiles latter. As well, when not logged in the default is the screen you recieve.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Algaris
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Algaris »

Well I do like Chronicles, but have to admit it doesn?t seem to capture the flavour of Ravenlot too well for my liking. Probably the best option so far is Myth2 I think.

Would it be possible to offer subBlack as an option at all? Looking at it in action (from the link in the other styles thread), it seems a nice choice for the board.

Good job so far, I like what you?re doing with the forum and web site. It?s getting better with each revision. :)
Shadowsworn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Shadowsworn »

Chronicle is way too big for my screen, and Ashgrunge hurts my eyes, the colour combinations are so awful. Myth2 isn't great, but it's the best we have right now.
"Death is the great equalizer"

Proof that the Grim Reaper is a communist.
Frukathka
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Frukathka »

It works for me, the only trouble I'm having is with my avatar.
"I am Frukathka, emissary of the Rakastan pantheon and defender of the Rakastan people and felines everywhere."