Dungeon/Game-Master Board?

Post questions and suggestions here
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Dungeon/Game-Master Board?

Post by Kel-nage »

I'm starting a group of Ravenlofter's soon and I hope to send them in this direction so they can see much of the goodness you have here. However, I'm slightly reluctant, because of my posts on the general discussion. I hope to post up yet more questions for advice from other D/GMs on these boards, yet I don't want my players seeing the replies, inadvertantly or not.

My solution? Would it be possible to start a DM board, where other DMs could talk about adventures that they are running. Obviously, you wouldn't block any users from seeing it, but I would be able to at least say to them "Look, don't look at this board, because it'll just ruin it for you".

Just an idea,

Kel-nage
Last edited by Kel-nage on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

I really like this idea. A place for DMs to discuss their problems or ideas in a campaign. I think that would be awesome! :D
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

If they decide to, perhaps they could call it The Dark Powers. I think it would be kinda cool seeing as the book always say that you the DM are the Dark Powers. What do you guys think?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

That's not a bad idea, but it isn't quite workable.
The general discussion board is already flooded with Dungeon Master information - thus it becomes kind of redundant to have a seperate board.

Have you considered opening a thread marked
"Kel-nage's campaign: My Players Keep Out!"
I've seen soemone do this before, and I believe they were quite successful.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

Hmmm...I suppose so.

I just felt it would also help people looking for DM information, having the resources all in one place.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

As ScS wrote, nearly all the threads do contain spoilers. Even if we divide the boards, it will stay that way. It will be very difficult to monitor this separation.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring players along, unless they ask question on the main board and read only these threads, as well as stay in the d20 board, the horror from beyond board, and the roleplaying boards below.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)