Haunted Sites

Post questions and suggestions here
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Haunted Sites

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello again,

Today I finally found the time to print out and bind the old Kargatane Netbook *Haunted Sites* (which collected spooky locations, apparently in cooperation with Dragon Magazine). SInce it seems that this netbook isn't available any more at the SotK site, I wondered if you confratres want to upload it here at the FoS. The content is just incredibly inspiring for any gothic-flavoured campaign.

- Since the file is particularly hard to find these days, I can send the version I own to you if you like. :)

Your humble servant,

Always,

Daisy
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

See the post post on the topic on "Adventure in Richemulot".

To quote Joel,
Joël of the Fraternity wrote:
Brandi wrote:Dungeon #64 had the Richemulot-set adventure "Last Dance" about a sort of haunted house. I have a copy I downloaded from *somewhere*; I suspect it was at the Kargatane site for a while but it isn't now. :(

Credits on the title page (it's not just a bootleg scan of the magazine) include "Online Formatting: The Kargatane and "Proofreading: James Ambrose, Pierre van Rooden" so I suspect the K hosted it in the past.

What would be the legality of hosting it here?
It was indeed a file from the Kargatane. They had the permission to host it because of their official status.

Now that we are off WW's reign of near total ignorance of the setting, we will soon start discussion with WotC about all the "lost files", this one included. It could take time, but there's definetively more possibilities with WotC then WW, from what info we have so far.

Joël
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I don't know whya Haunted Sites (a netbook I think is very interesting too) wasn't kept online as the other netbooks. Perhaps it is because it was made in cooperation with Dragon mag, as part of their official fan site status.

I'll try to find out!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Le Noir Faineant

:) Kelnage, thank you for the info!

I hope you are successful in your negociations with WotC, Joel, for especially this netbook would deserve to be known better!

And really, I hope WotC gets a grip on itself and names the Frat *official site* soon... I mean, SotK isn't updated since...?

:wink:
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Desdichado wrote::) Kelnage, thank you for the info!

I hope you are successful in your negociations with WotC, Joel, for especially this netbook would deserve to be known better!

And really, I hope WotC gets a grip on itself and names the Frat *official site* soon... I mean, SotK isn't updated since...?

It closed and gave the "official Ravenloft site" title Wizards had given them back?
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

*Bows*

Quite alright Desdichado, glad to be of assistance :)
Le Noir Faineant

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:

It closed and gave the "official Ravenloft site" title Wizards had given them back?
I don't know... Isn't the title vacant since SotK closed? - If the title means more than the exclusive mention on the WotC board... :?
Le Noir Faineant

Kel-nage wrote:
*Bows*

Quite alright Desdichado, glad to be of assistance :)
:D
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Desdichado wrote:
Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:

I don't know... Isn't the title vacant since SotK closed? - If the title means more than the exclusive mention on the WotC board... :?
Being the official site means that what you produce becomes canon for that setting, as far as I know. So, if Arthaus hadn't bought the rights to Ravenloft, CotN: Demons and Shadow of the Knife would be canon products. As it is, most people on these boards consider them canon as it is, and alot of what was in them (most notibly Francois d'Penible and the events of SotK) was incorporated into the material the K wrote.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Le Noir Faineant

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote: Being the official site means that what you produce becomes canon for that setting, as far as I know. So, if Arthaus hadn't bought the rights to Ravenloft, CotN: Demons and Shadow of the Knife would be canon products. As it is, most people on these boards consider them canon as it is, and alot of what was in them (most notibly Francois d'Penible and the events of SotK) was incorporated into the material the K wrote.
Thank you. Then, it's even more important that this title is acquired soon.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Kel-nage wrote:
Joël of the Fraternity wrote:
Brandi wrote:Dungeon #64 had the Richemulot-set adventure "Last Dance" about a sort of haunted house. I have a copy I downloaded from *somewhere*; I suspect it was at the Kargatane site for a while but it isn't now.

Credits on the title page (it's not just a bootleg scan of the magazine) include "Online Formatting: The Kargatane and "Proofreading: James Ambrose, Pierre van Rooden" so I suspect the K hosted it in the past.
Now that seems like forever ago that I did that, but I see that it was just 2001. :?

I still have the files for Last Dance, both before & after proofing, and three other Dungeon adventures I was fortunate enough to assist the Kargatane with in a small way (mostly because I had the original magazines!), Bane of the Shadowborn, The Seawolf, and Baron's Eyrie, as well as the Haunted Sites netbook (that I had no involvement with). Too bad you can't currently host them. :(

Oh, and only my mother-in-law calls me 'James'.
I only wish I had retired sooner!