RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away CHAPTER SEVEN

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away CHAPTER SEVEN

Post by kintire »

Kat turns to the bucket chain until it is clear the fire will not spread, then eyes Benn.

"He has followers... or at least hirelings. fewer than he did before they met us, but he sicced thugs on us at the house ambush. Maybe he hired more. But this murder he committed is over, and you've inspected the scene, right? why should he try to cover his tracks now?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I picked up the trail but unfortunately I lost it after hundred yards or so. The ashen snow doesn't help the trackers...Anyway they were heading south. I found this hat though. If we get dogs maybe they can pick their scent."

Sara gives the hat she found to Dorgio.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict sits up from where he was lying down to recover his breathing. His breath is hoarse as he wheezes, "I do not know. As with most things, the mind of Jonathon Matyr in this matter eludes me. Possibly there is another player in this game, one whose motivations remain cryptic."

He finally stands and looks around. There were other signs of trouble when they spotted the fire, he recalls, plumes of smoke or ash elsewhere in the city. He looks to see if their status remains unchanged.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict sits up from where he was lying down to recover his breathing. His breath is hoarse as he wheezes, "I do not know. As with most things, the mind of Jonathon Matyr in this matter eludes me. Possibly there is another player in this game, one whose motivations remain cryptic."

He finally stands and looks around. There were other signs of trouble when they spotted the fire, he recalls, plumes of smoke or ash elsewhere in the city. He looks to see if their status remains unchanged.
Peering through the gloom and falling ash, Benn makes out a reddish glow and the whirling smear of a vortex rising above a point downriver. Not too far away...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

He calls to the others, pointing down the street to the vortex. "There's more trouble there. Some of us should check it out."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

end of chapter
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)