RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away CHAPTER SIX

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away CHAPTER SIX

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Almost immediately upon seeing the fungus on the walls, Bennedict snatches a handkerchief reflexively from his pocket. He follows the seer's instructions as given to him, but snorts in irritation as the spores are released, hastily covering his mouth and nose with the handkerchief and rising to his feet. He eyes the woman and the boy closely through the entire proclamation of the "prophecy."

"Tell me," he says, "You don't look like the Vistani I've previously encountered. Does your fortune telling come from their sources, or do you have a more...specific source of information." He eyes the fungus warily as he speaks.

''I am of the People. "
The Ruby Oracle crosses her legs and lets her arms rest on the wings of the moldy chair.
"My wisdom comes from beyond the Veil, whence come all true signs. But the Tarokka is not the only way to see. Nor..."
She falls silent.
"But you, scholar, are not of the People. To one Giorgio only were such secrets revealed. And afterward, the Mists swallowed him, taking him body and soul to a place even we cannot see except in nightmares. You know enough to play your role in this life. Do not ask to learn things you should not know.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

THE RUBY ORACLE

Dorgio, having accompanied Benn to the great gallows and the oracle, listens to the prophecy with a furrowed brow. Unlike his colleague, Dorgio makes no attempt to shield himself from the fungus.

The prophecy seems vague at first to him, but don't they all? He gives a slight shrug towards Benn when the oracles refers to him as "not of the people." He doubts that she would consider him "of the people" either, given his half-blood status.

"The night of fire and blood," he asks her, "you are speaking of the refugees? Does the spirit of Pont turn against the Falkovnians?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:THE RUBY ORACLE

Dorgio, having accompanied Benn to the great gallows and the oracle, listens to the prophecy with a furrowed brow. Unlike his colleague, Dorgio makes no attempt to shield himself from the fungus.

The prophecy seems vague at first to him, but don't they all? He gives a slight shrug towards Benn when the oracles refers to him as "not of the people." He doubts that she would consider him "of the people" either, given his half-blood status.

"The night of fire and blood," he asks her, "you are speaking of the refugees? Does the spirit of Pont turn against the Falkovnians?"
"Strangers will be blamed for evil events, persecuted by the ignorant and foolish, but you know to expect this response. No, what I have seen...felt, to be coming is no mundane conflagration and no mere slaughter of Men by Men."
She stands.
''The word giorgios might use... I fear that Hell is coming to this city."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat shows no great interest in visiting a seer, and definitely not when she finds out it is at the gallows. She does, however, volunteer for the meeting...
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Hell," Bennedict says, "Is never far from this place. But if you intend to warn us that a demonic creature is coming, I thank you greatly. There are preparations that can be made for such an occasion..."

He bows and pulls his notebook from a pocket, quickly scribbling down the prophecy from the seer.

"May I ask, why did you choose to share this information with us? I am grateful, but it is not in your kind's reputation to give your visions away freely. If you simply want to avoid the bloodshed, I appreciate it. But, if there is something you need, I can endeavor to see to it."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:"Hell," Bennedict says, "Is never far from this place. But if you intend to warn us that a demonic creature is coming, I thank you greatly. There are preparations that can be made for such an occasion..."

He bows and pulls his notebook from a pocket, quickly scribbling down the prophecy from the seer.

"May I ask, why did you choose to share this information with us? I am grateful, but it is not in your kind's reputation to give your visions away freely. If you simply want to avoid the bloodshed, I appreciate it. But, if there is something you need, I can endeavor to see to it."

''I have helped to prevent the terror and suffering that is coming, but had your patroness sent someone else, I'd have charged a considerable sum of money before saying anything specific. But I know that you count Jonathon Matyr, who murdered two of the People and walked away free, as a bitter enemy. Swear that you will strive to bring him to justice, in your way or ours. That is the best way you may thank me."

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict smiles. "It will be our pleasure, ma'am."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio's mouth remains a straight horizontal line, but the corners of his eyes crinkle with hate. "He will live not a heartbeat longer than he must."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat leads her two more-or-less willing volunteers through the streets to the house she followed the red haired man to. Her eyes are constantly cast about looking for anyone following.

She subtly points out the door in question and does a circuit of the house, getting an idea of is size, likely layout, and the most subtle line of approach.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OUTSIDE THE RED-HAIRED MAN'S PLACE:

Raen whispers to Kat:
"In need, I could make one person invisible. I have also prepared a spell that you need to be aware of: I can bring forth a really, really stinky cloud of vapor that would make most men double over and spend their time in retching and vomiting. It would also limit visibility though. I can pepper an area with dust so bright that it would cause blindness and also outline enemies. "

Raen has already cast a magical armor spell, giving him the protection of a reliable armor.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Prepared spells (cause I forgot to send them). A mix of utility and combat spells.
VIEW CONTENT:
1st: mage armor, protection from evil, sleep, hypnotism
2nd: Locate object, invisibility, glitterdust
3rd: lighting bolt, stinking cloud
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat whispers back.

"Excellent. We'll save the cloud to cover a retreat. I suggest that you make me invisible so I can pick the lock on the door without drawing any attention, then follow me in while the coast is clear. If you see the red headed man, drop the glowdust on him at once. What do you think?"

She includes both her two friends in that last question
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Do you really need the cover of invisibility? You're way stealthier than I am. Also keep in mind if I make you invisible that sound can still be heard."
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat grins, looking flattered.

"Well okay. But if I get rumbled picking a lock in broad daylight, I'm blaming you..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Good plan. But better check inside from the windows first to make sure the house is empty."

She walks.causaly near the house and tries to see inside.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!