Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Post by ewancummins »

:renier: :renier: :inza: :renier: y
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Hello, I was unable to post for the past day and I don't know if I'll be able to catch up and post today.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Pretty fancy place by the description. All of the inner city is like this, or just the place we are? I frankly expected a seedy dirty harbor-town to be next to a not-much-better residential area.

Do you have a map of Crabclaw similar to Povero? Speaking of that... can we get one in game? even if it's a sketch out of scale, to know where is what?

also if possible, could you make an index or something in the reference? It has grown too big and I can't find what I look for (the names of the copper pieces \ PHB sp equivalent).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Pretty fancy place by the description. All of the inner city is like this, or just the place we are? I frankly expected a seedy dirty harbor-town to be next to a not-much-better residential area.

Do you have a map of Crabclaw similar to Povero? Speaking of that... can we get one in game? even if it's a sketch out of scale, to know where is what?

I'm putting finishing touches on a simple players' map.

No, not all the inner city is like this area, but the zone where you are now does indeed contrast sharply with the rough and dirty quayside you left on the outside of the walls. The armed guards at the gate, the ones collecting that toll, also eject or refuse ne-er-do-wells and anyone who looks too scruffy. It's just that you guys pass muster because you have Alfonse with you, and Oona is known to the guards.

I take it by your comment that Fild is surprised as well, and is now looking more closely at his surroundings.
Gnomish "stonecunning" tells him that some of these masonry buildings are not in the best of repair. None look to be falling down, but on a good number of houses the ivy and whitewash cover cracks and slipped masonry that a casual passer-by would miss while strolling along. Weathered, crumbled cornices. That sort of thing.
It's still impressive after the quayside's relative chaos and squalor.

The Unwyne's big house, though, while clearly very old, looks to be in fine repair.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Ewan is there anything on the list that Gertie and Tom can steal? If we manage to do that we will have our discount :D
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:Ewan is there anything on the list that Gertie and Tom can steal? If we manage to do that we will have our discount :D

Van .

Keep in mind that Gertie is a Cat BUrglar and not a Pick Pocket, so to speak,,, just in case lol. Her results might not be that fantastic with her PP attempt.

ewan, can Gertie sitll see Tom and the others? I may edit my post to reflect her telling Tom where she is going.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Yes, you can try to steal items, but the ship list stuff is mostly bulky.

No, Gertie cannot now see Tom. He's gone into a different part of the city. But if you wanted to go back and edit an old post, you could.

I presume she'd have let Tom know, maybe with Thieves cant, where she was going, if she had a moment.Unless you say otherwise, of course.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Yes, you can try to steal items, but the ship list stuff is mostly bulky.

No, Gertie cannot now see Tom. He's gone into a different part of the city. But if you wanted to go back and edit an old post, you could.

I presume she'd have let Tom know, maybe with Thieves cant, where she was going, if she had a moment.Unless you say otherwise, of course.

I'll say she would have just before goingin the back of the hut.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

INT check Gertie

[dice]0[/dice]

Isn't she forgetting to answer a certain question with a certain phrase...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Until we know if LordSkybolt is joining active play, I will assume Sixt remains with the party's two coffers. Leaving all that loot unguarded would be very risky.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Pretty fancy place by the description. All of the inner city is like this, or just the place we are? I frankly expected a seedy dirty harbor-town to be next to a not-much-better residential area.

also if possible, could you make an index or something in the reference? It has grown too big and I can't find what I look for (the names of the copper pieces \ PHB sp equivalent).
Bits, drabs, groats, tokens, demiobols, etc= small change like copper pieces of the PHB. Might be iron, lead, tin, a broken piece of larger coin, a locally accepted trade token, etc.

Follaro: a bronze coin equal in value to the silver piece of the PHB

Denier or silver pence : silver coins equal in value to the gold piece of the PHB

Florin or Ducat: a gold coin equal in value to two PHB platinum pieces or ten PHB g.p.

There are also double eagles, electrum talents, golden bezants, and many other coins.

In general, coin values have shifted up from PHB prices.

THE SILVER PENCE/. DENIER is the standard coin in the way the g.p. is the standard coin of the PHB monetary system and Prince lists.

If something in an example (and that is all those lists are) AD&D price list were rated as 2 gold pieces, it would probably cost two deniers/silver pence in this setting. Depending, of course, on availability and other factors.

That one follaro toll you each paid to obtain a three day pass to this more affluent part of town is about what a common, unskilled worker makes in a day of labor, back in Povero.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

But you guys will need to go to a moneychanger to conclude biz in Hilltown.
People trust local currency more, and some businesses have guild arrangements to consider...
Taxes, besides things like gate tolls on newly arrived travelers, are paid in kind or coin with a markup on foreign money.

Local money

Tabs and blue-shells :cured strips of tabac and iridescent blue crab shells. The crabshells carry some residual dyestuff, enough to make them valuable but not enough to make strong dye (that comes from rotting blue crab flesh).
Follaro: always brass here, not copper. Cast with a Crabclaw sigil.
Denier: much like the silver pence used in Povero.
Florin: a gold coin equivalent to the Poveran ducat

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie's Listen check :

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Another Detect Noise Check =(at the door)

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

With listening cone

Love these dice btw they're cool