Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Post by ewancummins »

Hears nothing special.

Door check reveals the door appears to be in working condition. Some warping, but not too bad.

Open locks may be attempted at plus twenty five per cent, as this is a crude lock.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

O/L attempt

[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Well I made a check lol..... finally
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

okay, COOLNESS.

I'm cutting the prelude off right here.

What I need from players:

updated sheets , showing XP and any level gain
I have one from Steve.

your want/need list for shopping

And a new sheet from anyone joining. I think Kintire is in.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Question for sake of consistency:

Is Gem male or female?

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Has Fild bought what he needed? Does Alfonse has an insignia so we can pretend he's more important than he is?
How much would it cost to buy a tabard with a not-expensive custom-made coat-of-arms?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Has Fild bought what he needed? Does Alfonse has an insignia so we can pretend he's more important than he is?
How much would it cost to buy a tabard with a not-expensive custom-made coat-of-arms?

Field will have completed his shopping when we resume play.

As for the other questions, Adam can answer the first and the second I'll give you a price for if needed, after flipping through my notes. Just leave some money aside.
A basic tabard isn't costly. A fancy one will cost more, or course.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Alfonse would also need a couple of changes of fancy clothes to pass as Low Upper class instead of Upper Middle class.

Fild would suggest to Alfonse to make up a story that he's traveling here with a valet (Tom), the valet's sister and maid (Gertie) and his bodyguard (Fild) coming from his rich noble father.

How tiresome is to walk around in the brigandine if he carries sword and shield + clothes, tabard, a flask of water and a dagger on his person?
And since it won't be a walk in the park... can the tabard be worn over studded leather? I have seen it but perhaps that's a show of weakness.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Alfonse would also need a couple of changes of fancy clothes to pass as Low Upper class instead of Upper Middle class.

Fild would suggest to Alfonse to make up a story that he's traveling here with a valet (Tom), the valet's sister and maid (Gertie) and his bodyguard (Fild) coming from his rich noble father.

How tiresome is to walk around in the brigandine if he carries sword and shield + clothes, tabard, a flask of water and a dagger on his person?
And since it won't be a walk in the park... can the tabard be worn over studded leather? I have seen it but perhaps that's a show of weakness.

Strength matters.

If you are not ecuncumbered, it is not bad. Drink water and stay out of the sun. Overheating is more a problem than weight.
(Also true with real armor in the real world).
But if you are wearing stuff that is heavy enough to slow you down, and trying to keep up with a long legged human...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brigandine isn't too high on the encumbrance scale. Studded leather (essentially a light brigandaine, and the type of armor Fild had been wearing) is even lighter.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Meh, I was talking about banded armor. Not Brigandine. They weight the same but banded is somewhat more expensive and way better.

Can I buy banded armor instead? If not, I would go with splint mail (what's the difference from banded armor actually aside of the bands being up-down?) or in the absence of both, chain.
Does armor of gnomes weight less BTW?
Are there any penalties on light encumbrance aside of reducing my already low speed? And how much does it reduces my speed? Does it drop to 4 or 5?
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Meh, I was talking about banded armor. Not Brigandine. They weight the same but banded is somewhat more expensive and way better.

Can I buy banded armor instead? If not, I would go with splint mail (what's the difference from banded armor actually aside of the bands being up-down?) or in the absence of both, chain.
Does armor of gnomes weight less BTW?
Are there any penalties on light encumbrance aside of reducing my already low speed? And how much does it reduces my speed? Does it drop to 4 or 5?

Gnome armor would logically weigh less, but a gnome would also logically be able to carry less. 2E does not deal with that in the detailed way that 3E does. The felt encumbrance (this is why it is not called weight, though it is approximated in pounds) is the same.

And, yeah, speed only drops a little for you. 5 for light, I think.

What you really want is magical armor. ;)

That's the stuff!

Splint and banded are both available. As for the difference, I think "splint mail" has a higher encumbrance rating, but is cheaper. They are similiar in some respects, as you note.

Elfin chain would also be great, but good luck finding it for sale.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

gnome sized elven chain? I don't think they ever made one. Perhaps some Svifenbli reworked some from the drow but that's quite a trip to get an armor that is just a bit better than studded leather +1.

OK, I'll go with banded.
Oh wait... I already had banded on my shop list. Are the 115 gp remaining for Banded armor? I think they are.
Do I look like a miniature Roman now? :)

ADAM: Does Alfonse agree to play the noble (i.e. getting clothes and telling Fild what coat of arms to put on the tabard) ?
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Question for sake of consistency:

Is Gem male or female?
Found Van's very first post :
Tom just smiles.

"You already know my reply to this little sister. You guys can do as you please, we will meet inside later."

Whistling to his labrador GEm says:

"Come boy."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:gnome sized elven chain? I don't think they ever made one. Perhaps some Svifenbli reworked some from the drow but that's quite a trip to get an armor that is just a bit better than studded leather +1.

OK, I'll go with banded.
Oh wait... I already had banded on my shop list. Are the 115 gp remaining for Banded armor? I think they are.
Do I look like a miniature Roman now? :)

ADAM: Does Alfonse agree to play the noble (i.e. getting clothes and telling Fild what coat of arms to put on the tabard) ?

Elf child-soldiers, natch.

;)

Do you want to look like a mini-Roman? If so, it will be like that.