RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 3

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 3

Post by alhoon »

Raen shakes his head in disgust. "How terrible must a person's corruption be, to cause that kind of effect?! In anyway Sara, I agree with Benn. We don't chase the cloud. We're after the thing that creates the cloud with its corruption"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARTY UNDER THE CLOUD
moves to an area its members hope will be safer, down near the rivebank.

They don't see Joanathon Maytr lurking there, knife in hand, or anything like that.

Just some fishing boats, a few fishermen at work, and a raft of debris moving midstrream.

Wait, no....
Not debris, a moving mass of living things. Rats.

It must be thousands of rodents, fleeing this side of the city and swimming out across the Musarde, away from the shadow of the ash cloud.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen raises an eyebrow in surprise and turns to Benn "Do you want one of the rats for examination? I certainly do." He turns to Sara and Kat "Ladies, do you think it's possible to get a couple of the rats alive? I don't have any spell for that."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"My name may be 'Kat' but catching rats is not my speciality. Especially when they are in the middle of a river! Anyway I doubt there is anything special about them, apart from the fact that anything the city's rats are fleeing from with that much determination is not something we ant to meet..."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict watches the rats swimming away for a long, uncomfortable moment, before issuing a long sigh. "That is probably not a good sign," he finally says.

He turns back to the group. "Well, whatever is causing this doesn't seem to be in a rush to show itself, so its time to decide where we go from here. We can keep spreading through the people here and doing person-to-person interviews, seeing if anyone has seen anything out of the ordinary. Or," he reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out the envelope of ash, "I had thought to seek a chemist and see if they can identify this compound. Or, if you have any other ideas, I'm open to them."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

END OF CHAPTER
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)