RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 3

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 3

Post by alhoon »

Raen nods to the Falkovnian "Thank you for your help and think about my offer of work. Stay away from the temptation to work as mercenaries."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Raen nods to the Falkovnian "Thank you for your help and think about my offer of work. Stay away from the temptation to work as mercenaries."

Ludwig stares at Raen.
"'I was a clerk. You seem not to understand."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict wipes the ash from his hands after turning over what looked interesting at first, but ultimately proved to be only a piece of refuse. He turns back to Ludwig, reaching into his breast pocket.

"Well, it was worth a look, at least," he says as he offers him one of his cards, "Thank you for taking us. If you or your people have any more troubles I can help with, or if you see any sign of our quarry, please let me know."

Ludwig pockets the card.
''Of course."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

He has to stand still and observe it for several minutes to be sure, but, yes, it's moving. The dark, thick center of the cloud seems to have shifted from the Ghost Streets to a point more or less over the Musarde river. Almost as if it had followed the party...

Alain points this out to anyone that does not seem to notice these characterics of the cloud .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict looks to the Falkovnian man. "Whatever is causing this, we may have drawn its attention. You may want to get back to safety."

He looks to those skilled with arms. "Mayhaps we might regroup somewhere with a better tactical situation?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict looks to the Falkovnian man. "Whatever is causing this, we may have drawn its attention. You may want to get back to safety."

He looks to those skilled with arms. "Mayhaps we might regroup somewhere with a better tactical situation?"

Ludwig says,
'Yes, that seems wise. Goodbye."

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara looks at the cloud that changed direction and says to Alain and anyone who is standing next to her.

"We can follow it, maybe wander a bit at Mursarde river and see if something is going on there."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

STREETS NEAR THE RIVER
"I think it follows us Sarah" Raen says. "Now, we could try to ambush whatever it is that follows us, although it won't be the safest thing to do."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"I suggest we find someplace open, with clean sight lines," Bennedict says, "If this is being caused by something physical on the ground, we want to take away its hiding places."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain nodds in agreement to Benn tactical suggestion . Thinking of what spells he can deploey at range to deal with a possible adversary .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat looks a little dubiously at her waist, where her rapier is hanging.

"I am not sure how much use a sword is going to be against a cloud of ash. It hasn't made any hostile moves yet. Maybe we shouldn't...provoke it? As for open with sight lines the best way to do that would be to boat out onto the river...but that may make retreat more difficult."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

kintire wrote:Kat looks a little dubiously at her waist, where her rapier is hanging.

"I am not sure how much use a sword is going to be against a cloud of ash. It hasn't made any hostile moves yet. Maybe we shouldn't...provoke it? As for open with sight lines the best way to do that would be to boat out onto the river...but that may make retreat more difficult."
"You're right," Benn says, shuddering at memories of fighting the hag on the water years prior, "But staying near the riverbank may be a good compromise."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio nods. "Yes, best not to provoke...whatever it is. Benn and I may have spells to ward off its evil, depending on what truly lurks within that ash. But yes, the riverbank seems a good option."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict nods and turns towards the river shore. "I don't think we'd be fighting a cloud anyways," he mutters, "I have a feeling it's just a manifestation of the evil generated by an individual. I've seen things like it before, though never on this scale. If we're to be attacked, it will be by the source."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Maybe we should cover our mouth and nose in case it suddenly get poisonous this ash cloud while we are chasing it."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!