RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 2

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter 2

Post by ewancummins »

SEARCHING THE CELLAR

After clearing the pantry, and finding nothing new or previously undiscovered there, Raen looks into the cellar.

The trap door opens onto a short flight of stone stairs that run down into a long, low-celinged room.
A search reveals wine bottles tucked into stone alcoves and other stores of drink and foodstuffs stacked on open shelves.
Not obvious way in or out other than the stairs up to the trap door.
He does small drain sump in the northeast corner, where the floor sinks a bit.
But the drain is covered with a brass wire mesh too fine for even a mouse to pass, and that cover appears firmly fixed in place.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Ben's House, the Cellar.

Thom investigates the wine selection...
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara joins the others at the cellar.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

BOARDING HOUSE

Dorgio examines the window in Annabelle's room, looking for any signs of entry. He especially keeps an eye out for small claw marks, like those that would have been made by an animal.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Sara joins the others at the cellar.

CELLAR

SARA spots a glint in the shadows near the sunken corner, close to the drain.

Investigating closer, her candle thrust forward, she finds broken glass partly covered in slime and dust. Just small shards no bigger than a fingernail, thin and blue.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:BOARDING HOUSE

Dorgio examines the window in Annabelle's room, looking for any signs of entry. He especially keeps an eye out for small claw marks, like those that would have been made by an animal.
He finds no obvious signs of forced entry.
Some marks here and there that might have been made by the gnawing teeth of a rat or mouse, but nothing that compromises the window latch or shutters.

He hears
VIEW CONTENT:
Remi Brun, whispering in his ear,
"She's right next to you, in the bed, sleeping. Why don't you talk with her,Dorgio? She probably let him in. That means she got a look at him, a very good look. You need this information. Call to her. You want to solve this case, don't you? Get justice. "

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

CELLAR:
Not having found any way of entry, Raen looks to the others. "Any idea how the small humanoids could have slipped in? I don't see a way. We found the fattest one stuck in the drain, but there seems to be a protective mesh to keep such things, and rats, out."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict tucks the cloth into an envelope and tucks it away into a pocket.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

He steps up to one of the gendarmes. "Is there anything else unusual your men noticed during their examination?" he asks. "If not, once your inspection is done here, I would like to request the girl be taken to my laboratory for further examination." He fishes out one of his cards, in case the man does not know the address.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:He steps up to one of the gendarmes. "Is there anything else unusual your men noticed during their examination?" he asks. "If not, once your inspection is done here, I would like to request the girl be taken to my laboratory for further examination." He fishes out one of his cards, in case the man does not know the address.
The senior gendarme says,

"Nothing else, monsieur. I'll see she's sent to your laboratory."

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

He nods again, looking to Dorgio to see if his investigation is complete.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

alhoon wrote:CELLAR:
Not having found any way of entry, Raen looks to the others. "Any idea how the small humanoids could have slipped in? I don't see a way. We found the fattest one stuck in the drain, but there seems to be a protective mesh to keep such things, and rats, out."
"If I recall correctly, those creatures travel between shadows...or was it by burrowing?" Thom says.

Shrugging, he sets a bottle of wine back in the alcove. "Either that or they used more plain methods, like a window."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara points at the shards near the sunken corner, close to the drain.

"Look, there is broken glass partly covered in slime and dust here".
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

RocEter wrote:Shrugging, he sets a bottle of wine back in the alcove. "Either that or they used more plain methods, like a window."
"Oh, you mean they could have sneaked in unnoticed through a normal opening of the house above and worked their way to the pantry? That's not impossible I guess. Let's go upstairs."
Raen says. When Sara points at the bottle he says "The little critters probably broke that. Still, strange that it was sewer slime on it with the brass mesh still blocking the airway. In any case, I don't see anything particularly dangerous."

With that, Raen turned and headed upstairs.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat relaxes in the upper part of the house, talking politely to her hostess and showing no great enthusiasm for cellar adventures. She remains alert, however, checking every movement in the street to see if it is approaching and keeping an eye on any of the junior members of the household who may show signs of wandering off...