RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Damn, warmages do a lot of damage...

Yep.

I'm going to assume Benn continues his last posted action: helping injured guy, withdrawing.

His immediate presence and evident self-control calms the panicky NPCs enough that they do not flee(thus leaving you without possible guides/information).

Also assuming stabbifaction, chopping, torching of troll based on posts, PMs, and a phone convo.

See IC...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

alhoon wrote:Damn, warmages do a lot of damage...
Orb of FIRE,ACID,COLD, ELECTRICITY(lesser) all do 1d8+1d8 per 2 additional lvls beyond 1st lvl.
First extra d6(sneak attack)+second extra d6(Dark Knowledge:Foe boost specific)
+6(Warmage Edge boost damage spells=Intelligence Modifier, +1 from point blank shot feat .

This just here to let you know where all the damage dice and flat damage bonus came from, as you have not played with this character as long as most of the rest of the party has .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Knowl: Dread Realms for the heraldry 0 +11
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ravens are used in a number of places, but this particular badge is not familiar to Benn.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Read after you get through that last IC post

LISTEN
DC 10
VIEW CONTENT:
You hear someone or something moving in the shadowy woods, but do not see what is making the surreptitious noises. Your guides do not seem to notice. And whatever it was, you can't hear it anymore when you enter the clear where the fort stands).

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

About trying to place the Cultural Level of the place (which frankly could be anything from Iron age to Renaissance) and the Culture (which I assume to be Central European or Mediterranean but it never hurts to check):
Raen has knowledge history at +5, nobility+5, Local at +5 and Engineering and architecture at +4 (I bought a rank when I leveled)

Whichever applies!

And if it's more than one:

EDIT: OK, I really hope more than one apply... the main one is a 10; unless we talk about Roman Forts (that anyone that read Asterix or watched Roman movies \ played games with Rome can recognize) that would give me little :( . The Supporting one is 22-23.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Raen does not see any cannon or harquebuses. Steel crossbows and ballistae, instead.
He overhears a couple of the men commenting that Alain carries a ''starwheel.'' They seem interested in the pistol, but not befuddled or amazed by it.
The arms, armor, finished goods, machines, horse-gear etc in the fort look pretty similiar to what one would see in Richemulot, allowing for differences in style.

The timbers of the fort give the apperance of the place having been built, expanded, or refurbished fairly recently. It seems to be an oupost and not an old castle of some lord.

CL 8 is a good guess.
Advanced 7 at the very least, or CL 9 and this place just doesn't use guns a lot for some reason.

Mediterranean is close enough for a metagame comparison.

Looks of people vary, but the commonest type is fairly tall, lean with brown hair and tawny skin

https://smhttp-ssl-17728.nexcesscdn.net ... /tawny.jpg

Some are fair skinned, like the junior officer of naval infantry the party helped out in the swamps.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

See IC for further description.

Note that it's normal in Richemulot and neighboring lands for soldiers and fighting sailors NOT to wear what we'd think of actual uniforms.
Instead one sees cheaper (no mass production) and simple things like cloth badges, cockades, colored scarves, perhaps matching cloaks or hats of a distinctive style. Militia often just turn up in their clothes with whatever armor (if any) and weapons they own.

Lords like to fit out household men in their heraldry on surcoats or tabards, of course.

Falkovnians do have uniforms. And the drab clothing of Falkovnian workers is not all that varied to begin with.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I would dare say that I expected Richemulot to be an exception with the Lords and ladies not giving uniforms to their henchmen. Livery for the servants perhaps but why "give away for free" the information of who works for whom?
The Gendarmerie probably has some distinct uniform\big badges\large scarfs or something, right? I mean after all, most people in Richemulot are obliged to have a weapon, so just seeing people in a large city walking around with halberds wouldn't automatically make one thing "Gendarmerie" for starters.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Oh, they don't wear the surcoats all the time...

And one might dress ordinary servants as house guards to seem to inflate strength...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:I would dare say that I expected Richemulot to be an exception with the Lords and ladies not giving uniforms to their henchmen. Livery for the servants perhaps but why "give away for free" the information of who works for whom?
The Gendarmerie probably has some distinct uniform\big badges\large scarfs or something, right? I mean after all, most people in Richemulot are obliged to have a weapon, so just seeing people in a large city walking around with halberds wouldn't automatically make one thing "Gendarmerie" for starters.
Very few citizens of Richemulot would choose halberds as a thing to carry about. It's hardly convenient to drag a polearm about town, into shops, etc.

Swords for gentlemen and daggers or cudgels for common folk.

Spears kept at home, an old hunting bow hung on the wall, stuff like that.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Now that Alwina has been provided new clothing, are her loaner clothes (Klokulf's vesments, Kat's tunic, and the armored man's cloak) returned?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Now that Alwina has been provided new clothing, are her loaner clothes (Klokulf's vesments, Kat's tunic, and the armored man's cloak) returned?
Yep.
And somebody at the fort even gave those a wash. The clothes are still dripping wet, hanging up to dry on a line.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

sense motive

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Hey Look a messed up Forgotten Realms ala Player characters actions LOL :azalin:
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .