RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Post by alhoon »

So, Raen is alive? Will that "surgeon" (i.e. butcher for people that doesn't sell the meat) be able to stabilize Raen, or his wounds would be infected and he would die in 2 days or something?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:So, Raen is alive? Will that "surgeon" (i.e. butcher for people that doesn't sell the meat) be able to stabilize Raen, or his wounds would be infected and he would die in 2 days or something?
Fair point.

Let's say a 1 in 4 of serious infection for being treated with a peddlar's rags, after being wounded by....that thing...and smaller possibility of contamination by street muck and the black ash...

[dice]0[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:
alhoon wrote:So, Raen is alive? Will that "surgeon" (i.e. butcher for people that doesn't sell the meat) be able to stabilize Raen, or his wounds would be infected and he would die in 2 days or something?
Fair point.

Let's say a 1 in 4 of serious infection for being treated with a peddlar's rags, after being wounded by....that thing...and smaller possibility of contamination by street muck and the black ash...

[dice]231285:0[/dice]
Surgeon heal check

[dice]0[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
Fair point.

[dice]231285:0[/dice]
Surgeon heal check

[dice]231286:0[/dice]
Raen is dead to the world, but he isn't dead.

Bedrest will help.

Magical healing that brings him up into positive HP will rouse him.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Ok after Sara sees the surgeon not healing Raen she will ask a boy to go to the rendezvouz point and get Benn and/or Dorgio there. How much will it cost me Ewan?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Ok after Sara sees the surgeon not healing Raen she will ask a boy to go to the rendezvouz point and get Benn and/or Dorgio there. How much will it cost me Ewan?
She doesn't see him not healing Raen.

She's no medical expert. She sees the surgeon checking bandages, cleaning Raen up, etc.
Everything looks like the surgeon is doing as good a job as can be expected.

As for a messenger, just subtract two or three coppers.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I'll be on holiday for the next few weeks. i think there will be internet, but I'm not sure, especially about the second part. If i go quiet, that's why!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

as per convo with LordSkybolt

gather info

[dice]0[/dice]

knowledge: local

[dice]1[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

We've gone a bit too far , too fast, methinks. Half the group is MIA.

I'm therefore pausing the game until I see OOC posts/PMs from all players. Just check in at your convenience, let me know if you are confused, let me know about actions/plans.

I expect anywhere from several days of (real) downtime to a couple of weeks.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I'm here. There just hasn't been much to respond to until the group gets to the rendezvous.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I'm here. There just hasn't been much to respond to until the group gets to the rendezvous.
Understood.

I think the pause will help people catch up. Illness, vacation, finals (Brock?), all that stuff.

What I'll do to help restart play, when the time comes, is send a group PM out to notify everyone.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I'm around as well :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, two checked in so far.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I have been MIA but... Raen's bandaged like a mummy.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
alhoon wrote:I have been MIA but... Raen's bandaged like a mummy.

Three.