ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Chapter Seven

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:THE FIGHT

read
VIEW CONTENT:
This is Alfonse's POV, but you are all aware of the things described. Steve's PC cannot act just yet. Winded.
ALFONSE sees it all unfolding before him, a rapidly shifting scene accompanied by hoofbeats and barking:

Aldron riding away with Elissa as his prisoner.
Tom and Gertie desperately trying to down the villain's mount.
The horse bucking.
The lady falling in the moonlight, hitting the earth.
Aldron reaching for her, wheeling his steed.
Gertie slamming into the horse and falling down.

Then Otho
VIEW CONTENT:
the goon who had held Alfonse at knifepoint
, remounted, comes clopping around the edge of the vineyard.
The man spurs his horse straight at Gertie.

And now Elissa, heedless of her own safety, is trying to drag GERTIE clear of the enemy riders!

CONTINUED

ALFONSE rides in and snatched Elissa.

GERTIE hurls powder in the face of Otho's horse as he canters around Alfonse's beast and lifts his sword to strike GERTIE.
The horse freaks out the instant the blinding grit hits its eyes, rearing and snorting.

Otho keeps his seat-- but only just barely, as his mount runs crazy.

TOM and Gem attack the masked rider
VIEW CONTENT:
Aldron,but only Alfonse knows this
who is still trying to seize Elissa,even as Alfonse pulls her up from the ground and onto his horse.
They force him to back off, but don't hurt or dismount him.

The masked rider brandishes his sword.

Men shout from the direction of the vineyard.

The assassins have found the tunnel and broken through.
They rush out behind the little party.

The rider with the sword points his blade at Alfonse, sitting in the saddle about twenty paces distant.

"You can live. Just drop her."

But his minions do not stop to seize Elissa or attack Alfonse's small band.

They keep running.
"Watch, Master, the Watch is on us!"

The man in the opera mask wheels his mount west and canters off, not pausing for his followers.

The killers go around the sides of the vineyard to fetch their mounts.
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie almost reaches her breaking point and slightly breaks down. Looking at Lady Elissa, as she grabs her saddle , she eyes lady Holbrin .

Her heart is beating fast, face red, "L-Lady E-Lissa.... please,, if the Watch takes us, please vouch for us,,, we took good care of you Milady. Tell them

what really happened milady."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:Gertie almost reaches her breaking point and slightly breaks down. Looking at Lady Elissa, as she grabs her saddle , she eyes lady Holbrin .

Her heart is beating fast, face red, "L-Lady E-Lissa.... please,, if the Watch takes us, please vouch for us,,, we took good care of you Milady. Tell them

what really happened milady."

AND THEN...
VIEW CONTENT:
OOC, we wait for Van and Adam to catch up and post, at their convenience.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

EARLIER:
ewancummins wrote:
" We should try the Frisky Friar. If something went wrong, they might be waiting there for us."
Fild nods. "Reasonable." And turns to look at Titus. "I think we should indeed go there and if we don't find them, at least we would not have to evade the watch every 10 minutes... And probably it will be the place they will look for us even if something went wrong. Just... let's stay close to an open window, because as I said it's where people will look for us if something went wrong. I'm not taking off my boots tonight."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:EARLIER:
ewancummins wrote:
" We should try the Frisky Friar. If something went wrong, they might be waiting there for us."
Fild nods. "Reasonable." And turns to look at Titus. "I think we should indeed go there and if we don't find them, at least we would not have to evade the watch every 10 minutes... And probably it will be the place they will look for us even if something went wrong. Just... let's stay close to an open window, because as I said it's where people will look for us if something went wrong. I'm not taking off my boots tonight."

Damien waits for the augur to decide.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom tries to think clearly despite what has happened the last minutes.

"Sound crazy but we need to let the Watch take us with Lady Elissa so she can vouch for us. If we run we might get to the masked man or his assassins and I doubt we will be alive then. We need to warn the Watch about the masked man and Richard as well."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse leans to the girl to hiss in her ear "Aldron Folbre. That's the man in the mask. That's the man that wants you dead. Whatever happens to us, know that he wants you dead."

Alfonse looks to the others. He climbs down from the horse, tossing his quarterstaff aside and putting his hands up. "We have to be the worst criminals ever" he muttered.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:Tom tries to think clearly despite what has happened the last minutes.

"Sound crazy but we need to let the Watch take us with Lady Elissa so she can vouch for us. If we run we might get to the masked man or his assassins and I doubt we will be alive then. We need to warn the Watch about the masked man and Richard as well."

Gertie sighs, putting her hands up. "You're right. I hope Lady Elissa vouches for us. And did Alfonse get captured by those masked men?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE WATCHMEN

Six watchmen with polearms burst from the tunnel mouth behind the tree.

Elissa hops down from the horse.
"Help us, please. Assassins!"
She waves her hands toward Folbre's men, who are now mounting up at the west edge of the vineyard.

The Watch leader looks at her and the little party.

He...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:THE WATCHMEN

Six watchmen with polearms burst from the tunnel mouth behind the tree.

Elissa hops down from the horse.
"Help us, please. Assassins!"
She waves her hands toward Folbre's men, who are now mounting up at the west edge of the vineyard.

The Watch leader looks at her and the little party.

He...
...takes a good look at Elissa Holbin and then turns to his men.

" Protect this woman. Stop the assassins, men!"
To the rest of the party,
" Come on, let's get them!"

And then he hefts his polearm and starts after the killers at the vineyard fence-line

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom doesn't wait the Watch leader to repeat his phrase.

"Lady Elissa go to safety and please vouch for us. I will try to help the Watch. Gertie, go to safety as well, if Lady Elissa wants go with her, in any case stay away of the assassins!"

Tom aims at one of the fleeing assassins and fires two arrows at his direction.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Tom doesn't wait the Watch leader to repeat his phrase.

"Lady Elissa go to safety and please vouch for us. I will try to help the Watch. Gertie, go to safety as well, if Lady Elissa wants go with her, in any case stay away of the assassins!"

Tom aims at one of the fleeing assassins and fires two arrows at his direction.

NEAR THE OLD VINEYARD GROUND

The Watchmen hurry with their polearms, but the killers mount before the Watch reaches them.

The Watch try to form a picket, but the riders race around the line on either side, cantering west.

Tom fires as quickly as he can while still aiming. His elvensight helps: the heat off the horseflesh makes big warm streaks in the cool predawn air.
One rider drops limp in the saddle but does not fall from his mount.

The others ride off west.

The Watch soon give up the futile pursuit of the main group, and turn to trying to snag the disabled man, whose horse runs in a panicked circle in the open pasture northwest of the old vineyard.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Glad that he did even a little payback Tom returns where stand Gertie and Elissa. He gets his bow away trying to be less threatening possible. He asks Alfonse:

"This was the second set up...I'm glad that at least you are ok. Did you call the Watch Alfonse? And what about our friend that you went to meet? Did you find him?"

Then when the Watch leader comes closer he says:

"I'm glad that you arrived otherwise would be near impossible for us to save again Lady Hoblin."
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Glad that he did even a little payback Tom returns where stand Gertie and Elissa. He gets his bow away trying to be less threatening possible. He asks Alfonse:

"This was the second set up...I'm glad that at least you are ok. Did you call the Watch Alfonse? And what about our friend that you went to meet? Did you find him?"

Then when the Watch leader comes closer he says:

"I'm glad that you arrived otherwise would be near impossible for us to save again Lady Hoblin."
The Watch leader is the only one not trying to snag the injured rider.

He stares at Tom when Tom speaks.

" Lady Who? "
He looks about at the party, obviously confused.
"We were only responding to a complaint about a burglary and a brawl here. It's the second time this week robbers have busted into this old vineyard."

He gasps.
"Wait, you mean HOLBIN? One of these girls is a Holbin?"

He looks at Elissa and then at Gertie.
Neither is dressed like a lady, as Elissa wears Gertie's spare clothing, a rather mannish and coarse outfit.

The sky in the east turns pink.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well yes, Lady Hoblin doesn't look like a noble with this outfit I know, but we tried to fool the assassins...it's a really long story but it's late and believe me both Lady Hoblin and us have been through a lot tonicht. We barely escaped with our lives, you need to question the injury man about their whereabouts, they have escaped but they might be back. It's the second time they try to kill us they have been paid a lot apparently..."

Turning to Elissa Tom softens his voice and says:

"After what happened tonight I think you will be safer at your Manor with what whatever consequenses this may have. These men want to get you at any cost apparently so you need your family to protect you. Alas we are not strong enough to outfight them. Don't trust anyone but your closer family members, we don't know how many people are involved to this. If we will not meet again, farewell and I do hope you manage to go on with your life as you wish."
- W H A T ! ? !