POVERO Chapter Six

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: POVERO Chapter Six

Post by VAN »

"I will fetch you what you asked and check the beds condition. It's the least we can do for you."

Turning to his dog he caresses its head and says:

"Gem, guard!"

Hoping that his training is enough to get the dog do its duty Tom looks around to get Elissa what she asked.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:THE CABIN IN THE VINEYARD

Adam wrote:Alfonse comes into the house, fretting and trying to clean things up for the girl.

"Apologies, Elissa, this isn't necessarily our mess," he says, sweeping a broken piece of furniture out of the way.

Elissa Holbin nods to Alfonse.
She waits in a corner of the main room while the man tidies up for her.

After a moment, she turns to Gertie and says,
"You haven't got a mirror, a comb, clean clothes, and things like that , have you? I must look a frightful mess."

Indeed, the young lady's hair hangs in tangled disarray and sweat shines on her face. Her nightgown has torn at the sleeves and the hem. She's missing her right slipper.

Gertie thinks a moment as she rummages through her back pack. She removes a cloak, pair of boots, tunic and pants, handing them to lady Elissa.

"I've not worn these ever, milady. You can keep them. As for a comb or brush, I'm sorry, but as you can see, I am not too careful about my appearance."

She smiles reassuringly at Elissa and rubs a finger through her blackened face to emphasize the point. Then grinning, she removes he goggles, clearly showing

Elissa how unkempt her hair is.

"Don't worry how you look Lady Elissa. On your worst day, you look more decent and proper than I do. I'll see if we can't get some hot water or something to clean

you up a bit with."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

PARK

FILD, TITUS, DAMIEN
alhoon wrote:PARK
"Yes, that one. The one we met Aldron"
Damien answers,
"The Admiral's Arms. It--"
He pauses, looking behind FILD in the general direction of the stone circle ( well out of sight; it is a big park).

If the gnome and Titus look back that way, they see tree limbs swaying in the night breeze, patches of starry sky showing through gaps in the foliage, darkness under the boughs. No obvious threats.

The wind rises, shaking loose pine cones and leaves.

And then the hounds begin howling, sounding closer and louder with each passing moment. Footfalls softened by grass.
Lanterns flash in the direction of the dogs...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE CABIN IN THE VINEYARD

ELISSA thanks Alfonse, Gertie, and Tom for their help. She cleans up and then goes to bed.

Gem pads about the little house, sniffing at doors and windows.

The three adventurers are free to sleep or make plans.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

When Elissa finally get to sleep Tom goes closer to the others and says in low voice:

"We need to decide where to take Elissa so she will be safe. For sure Hoblin's estate is safe but this will mean she cannot get married to Richard and we will not get paid. What if we try to contact Richard instead and ask him to come here and Titus can marry them? If one of us go back to take the rest of our stuff from the inn Gem can try to find Fild or Titus."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I'll go back. Alfonse, do you have all of your belongings? Our stuff is at the Inn."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Gertie, before going inside check from the windows, maybe they are waiting us inside. Stay in the shadows all the way there. If you can get me something that belongs to Fild or Titus so Gem can sniff it and track. If you see any guards or suspicious movement come back, don't risk your life for getting our stuff. Please be careful."
Last edited by VAN on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:"lGertie, before going inside check from the windows, maybe they are waiting us inside. Stay in the shadows all the way there. If you can get me something that belongs to Fild or Titus so Gem can sniff it and track. If you see any guards or suspicious movement come back, don't risk your life for getting our stuff. Please be careful."
"Ok Thom, no problem"

She removes the blackened goop from her face and hands her goggles to Thom,

"See you later" and she exits their hiding place.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

VAN wrote:When Elissa finally get to sleep Tom goes closer to the others and says in low voice:

"We need to decide where to take Elissa so she will be safe. For sure Hoblin's estate is safe but this will mean she cannot get married to Richard and we will not get paid. What if we try to contact Richard instead and ask him to come here and Titus can marry them? If one of us go back to take the rest of our stuff from the inn Gem can try to find Fild or Titus."
"I recommend getting back to Aldron and finding out what his take on matters may be," Alfonse says, rubbing his chin, "We can't rule out Richard's involvement in this...or Aldron's for that matter. We need to be very cautious."

He sighs. "Let's go find Aldron and ask what to do."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Removed post
Last edited by steveflam on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote:PARK
Lanterns flash in the direction of the dogs...
"Let's go!"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:Removed post

GERTIE ALONE

GERTIE Has left the cabin in the vineyard while Elissa sleeps and the others make plans.
She heads for her inn, cutting across the vineyard and hopping an irrigation canal...

After walking a couple of miles by moonlight, taking a zig zag path to avoid patrolled areas, Gertie arrives at the rear of the Frisky Friar.
She sneaks around to the dirt path that runs along the north side of the building, connecting the back lot to the Bay Road.
Looking up, she sees the window of her room on the second story; dark and shuttered as she left it.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:
steveflam wrote:Removed post

GERTIE ALONE

GERTIE Has left the cabin in the vineyard while Elissa sleeps and the others make plans.
She heads for her inn, cutting across the vineyard and hopping an irrigation canal...

After walking a couple of miles by moonlight, taking a zig zag path to avoid patrolled areas, Gertie arrives at the rear of the Frisky Friar.
She sneaks around to the dirt path that runs along the north side of the building, connecting the back lot to the Bay Road.
Looking up, she sees the window of her room on the second story; dark and shuttered as she left it.

FRISKY FRIAR

Gertie climbs the wall. She slips a little just short of the windowsill, but recovers before she falls.

She steadies herself one-handed, toes dug into the wall crevices, and places her listening cone to the shutters.
Presses her ear to the spout.
No noises within...

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

FRISKY FRIAR

Gertie climbs up the wall, using spikes and her climbing daggers. SHe tries open her windows shutters, but, has no luck. Sighing, she climbs

back down, retrieving her spikes and walks to the front door, She knocks a few times.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:FRISKY FRIAR

Gertie climbs up the wall, using spikes and her climbing daggers. SHe tries open her windows shutters, but, has no luck. Sighing, she climbs

back down, retrieving her spikes and walks to the front door, She knocks a few times.
After a couple of minutes' wait, the door swings open an inch. Light shines from the other side and Gertie glimpses an eye watching her, part of a face..

The door swings wider.

A familiar boy in a breechclout and ragged doublet stands in the doorway, holding a candle on a saucer in his right hand.

Gertie may recall his name.

"Yes? Oh, it's you! Come in, mistress."