POVERO Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: POVERO Chapter Two

Post by alhoon »

"I suggest we don't say much to the person that would pay us. Let's just tell him 'Tell your master that we found out it is all clear' and leave it at that. Let's go."
Fild finishes his drink and jumps to his feet.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom finishes his meal and stands up:

"Sounds like a plan."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie finishes her juice and stands up. She waits until everyone is heading out until following suite.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Damien waits for Signore Alfonse to make the call.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse looks a bit put out at the idea of working for the water guild. Sounds too much like labor, he thinks, but nods to Damien.

"Sounds reasonable to me. I think the less Aldron knows about what happened, the better. That said, telling him that it were random muggers, that's not the worst thing ever. In any case, off we go."

He shotguns his wine and stands to go.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Alfonse looks a bit put out at the idea of working for the water guild. Sounds too much like labor, he thinks, but nods to Damien.

"Sounds reasonable to me. I think the less Aldron knows about what happened, the better. That said, telling him that it were random muggers, that's not the worst thing ever. In any case, off we go."

He shotguns his wine and stands to go.

The party goes to THE ADMIRAL'S ARMS, where it contacts Aldron Folbre's agent. The agent, a placid-faced , portly man, nurses his wine as the adventurers explain their findings.
After hearing their account, he opens a coffer and pays them the full amount promised, advance and final all together for a grand total of one hundred silver pence.
The man then wishes them a good evening.

Two days and nights pass, during which the party can rest, explore part of the city, recuperate fully from any minor injuries sustained in its recent adventures, and so on.
No guilds admit any party members during this time, though initial inquiries may be made. Nor do the members of the group find any lawful employment that isn't common drudgery or running errands for merchants.

But on the morning of the third day, a messenger
VIEW CONTENT:
(not wearing livery, so not immediately identifiable as such)
arrives at the Frisky Friar and quietly informs ALFONSE that ALDRON FOLBRE would like to discuss a possible job for Alfonse's party. If the party is interested, it should assemble to meet him at THE ADMIRAL'S ARMS that same evening. And be discrete.

END OF CHAPTER TWO