Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

BIRTHRIGHT : THE WORM'S SUPPER , EPILOGUES

Post by ewancummins »

OOC

One post per PC.

As long or as short as you like, but don't extend it in timeline past the end of the winter season.

You may refer to any of the events and facts I noted in that last OOC update. You may also create minor events of your own.
Use such supporting cast/minor NPCs as seems best to you. Any followers or hirelings certainly may be included. Ditto relatives:sister, wife, niece, brother, etc.

After I see posts from all, I will post a spoiler/cutscene/last update.

Thanks for playing.

EDIT

It has been long enough.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: BIRTHRIGHT : THE WORM'S SUPPER , EPILOGUES

Post by steveflam »

Domenica

Domenica becomes and advisor to Lord Filbert in the running of his Inn. She continues running her business/guild as it grows and prospers.

After the events leading up to the events on Elf Hill, she takes a more than special interest in anything occult or magical.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

RENNAULT

After having participated into the raid deep into The Manslayer's lands and the battle on Elf Hill, Rennault Ghonallison returns to his post as captain of the city guard, to find the place an even thicker web of chaos than he'd left it.

The first thing he does is go on a bender, drinking long and deep for several days, something the Captain is rarely wont to do. But he needs those precious days and pints to clear his head of the horrors he saw in the Orog's layer. True, he'd driven goblins from their holes before in his youth, but he'd never seen anything like that Orog city or the Marquis.

The Marquis...in the chaos he'd nearly forgotten that the bard had pierced that monster's heart, however haphazardly. He'd need to keep an eye on that minstrel if he began hanging about the city. It could spell trouble, trouble indeed...or perhaps there could be great use in making allies with a blood thief.

And Renn still has allies to reward. When he comes off his bender, he summons Sevet and Gatt to his quarters, and dubs them both Knights of Ghonallison. They have both served him well, and it is their just due. He has no lands to grant them, but perhaps that will change in time.

He thinks again of those lands past Tuornen's borders, now that he can think about that raid without putting a bottle to his lips. Some fine country there, wild but fine. And now war with The Manslayer must come--Rennault did not think that the elven monster could leave the slight of their raid unanswered. And so the Captain resolves to be vigilant to the threat from the west until that day that a war comes and gives the Captain the chance to become the Conqueror he'd always dreamed of being.

But first, paperwork...gods, what had he missed while he was away?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE LAST LINE

Mirrielle Flaertes sits in her study with a freshly scribed manuscript page in front of her on her big oak desk.

The woman sets her quill into the desktop inkwell.
She cleans the last, still wet, line of ink with sand. Then she leans forward in her chair and gently blows the grit clear before lifting the page and examining it by the light of the ceiling lantern.
No smudges.
Letting her gaze skim over the words, she mumbles snatches of dialogue.

" Benn, get up you lazybones! Fetch the company. That foreign minstrel, too. I want to see what they think of this draft."

Her servant, a young actor in training, pops up from his snoozing spot in the room's far corner. He rubs his eyes.
" Isn't it kind of late, Mistress?"

"Not for this. It's going to make them famous and it just make make me a lady of my cousin's court."

Benn hurries out.

Mirielle removes a mirror from her desk drawer and looks into it. She and pinches her pale cheeks to bring up color, and fusses with her auburn curls.
Smiling, she gazes into the mirror until her reflected image disolves in the mists rising behind the glass.

--------------------------------
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)