POVERO

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Tom sees the door closing trapping them inside the cellar he tries to open it.

"You will regret this, first you and your companions attack an innocent man, take the loot and hide in here and then you lock us inside the cellar. How brave you are! Let me out to fight you one by one."
A voice answers--- but not from the other side of the cellar door.
From the UPPER PART of the house, echoing through the cellar behind Tom, Gertie, and Fild.

''Hey-hey you talking down there! Come up with your hands over your head. You are under arrest."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie looks at her brother, clearly annoyed. "So you had to kill that guy? Really? Look now at what's going to happen." She punches him in the arm.

"We need to decide fast. We surrender and explain ourselves, or we try to get away. We are working for that man right now."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I would say try to break free and if we fail then surrender...Now help me with the door please we will talk later about the man that I don't really killed...he is alive I saw it."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

VAN wrote:Tom sees the door closing trapping them inside the cellar he tries to open it.

"You will regret this, first you and your companions attack an innocent man, take the loot and hide in here and then you lock us inside the cellar. How brave you are! Let me out to fight you one by one."
"He was doing that for like 10 minutes and you were clapping your hands. Considerable restraint considering how you behaved earlier. Now break the door, or let me get past you to try"

"WE ARE COMING! WE DID NOTHING WRONG! NO NEED FOR VIOLENCE!" Fild shouts to the watch. And turns to his companion. "That probably earned us a few seconds, but we have to decide what to do, now"

"I say we do surrender. We did nothing wrong." He looks sharply at Tom. "We don't even have the materials to set a fire" he says as he discards every flammable material except matches for the arquebus "and we didn't rob anyone. We can say we saw the attack on someone, not mentioning names, tied one of the bandits to hunt the rest and when we returned to send the man to the watch, we found he had escaped. We tracked him using Gem, we found them. We offered to arrest them, they resisted" Fild shows the wound on his head "and things got heated but nobody died. We found the secret door, followed it and here we are.
Then, after we're cleared, we come back with the dog and track the guy.

If we try to run and don't manage to get through the door, we will raise suspicion"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus
ewancummins wrote: The club man drops his weapon, seizes the cellar doors and slams them shut. He throws a heavy latch in place.
He cries out,
"Robbers in the cellar!"
"Robbers? What vile ruffians! Quickly, let's take your brother somewhere he can get proper treatment."

Titus puts his weapons away and starts picking up the unconscious man.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus
ewancummins wrote: The club man drops his weapon, seizes the cellar doors and slams them shut. He throws a heavy latch in place.
He cries out,
"Robbers in the cellar!"
"Robbers? What vile ruffians! Quickly, let's take your brother somewhere he can get proper treatment."

Titus puts his weapons away and starts picking up the unconscious man.
"Yes!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom think for a moment the gnome's words and whispers:

"I tried twice to get out but failed and someone else arrived so didn't want to attack, that someone helped the so called dead man who isn't that dead anymore... But you do have a point and we can throw Aldron's family name as well with the Watch, saying that we helped someone of his status will get us points. Maybe not tell them exactly who or what we planned to do just that we wanted to help."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild drops his arquebus down loudly on his shield creating clutter
"Ouch! I DROPPED MY THINGS, A MOMENT!"
He shouts towards the watch.

As he gathers up his things, he whispers
"And about whether we will surrender or leave? Time is of the absolute essence here. You can make up excuses later..."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse moves with the guard towards the sound of the fracas, but tries to tarry, going slow and fall behind the guards as they get close to the sounds. If an opportunity presents itself, he'll make a break.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Alfonse moves with the guard towards the sound of the fracas, but tries to tarry, going slow and fall behind the guards as they get close to the sounds. If an opportunity presents itself, he'll make a break.

ALFONSE

The Watchmen lose track of him for a moment, being occupied with their effort to surround and catch the robbers.

Alfonse slips away into the night...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARTY IN THE CELLAR PASSAGE

Abandoning their efforts to break out, the adventurers leave the cellar with their hands over their heads.

The Watch arrests them in the vineyard house. Watchmen confiscate all their weapons.

Tom tries talking his way out of the situation, but his story is just not good enough.
The Watch officer orders the entire party (minus, of course Alfonse and Damien, who have not been arrested and are nowhere in sight) taken away to gaol.

ALFONSE

On the walk back to the Frisky Friar, he sees a shadowy figure following him.
The form draws closer--it's Damien.
"Where are the others, Alfonse?"

When apprised of their probable fate, Damien chuckles.
"Too bad. We'll have to see about helping them tomorrow, if indeed they didn't manage to escape the watchmen."

TITUS AND HIS NEW FRIEND

The Watchmen find Titus tending to the injured man in a field while the other fellow looks on.
They treat Titus and both men as suspect persons, questioning both Titus and the conscious man at length.
But after they learn that Titus is a cleric of the Speaker in Storms, and hear him corroborate the account of the man who held the storm cellar door and shouted for the Watch, the city guards let the matter drop.
They depart.
Afterward, the stranger whom Titus has aided invites him back to his home.
The place is a shabby house in an old, poorly kept up vineyard. The interior looks as if it’s been burglarized—much as one would expect, given that robbers must have passed through it into the cellar tunnel.
The man, who gives him name as Rocco, seems profoundly grateful to Titus. He shares an opaque black glass bottle of cheap wine with the cleric, and insists on Titus taking the bottle with him when the cleric leaves the house. “Take it, please. I owe you something for saving my brother’s life.”
Only later, at the Frisky Friar, does Titus realize that the intermittent, faint rattling noise he heard on the walk home comes from within the bottle. Uncorking it and looking inside, the cleric finds a gold ducat.

END OF CHAPTER ONE