POVERO Campaign OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
alhoon wrote:Can Fild help Richard Savelle identify that liquid?
And I guess it would require a roll, so...
[dice]229209:0[/dice]

Not bad...
Indeed.

He needs light, though. Infravision won't cut it.

But you may keep that roll and use it when he does get into an area of normal light/the grill is reopened.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RE POTION ID:

it's a philter of persuasiveness.

Basically, drink it and for a time your ability to persuade others will be greatly increased. The effects won't last too long, but such a potion could be a tremendous help in a difficult negotiation.

I leave it up to you to describe the details of Fild's sniffing and visual examination, unless you prefer I do so.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Fild retains his clothing.

But he's lost his arquebus, shield, sword, etc. The jailers obviously didn't lock him up with those items.
Any non-adventuring stuff he'd have left at his inn room should still be there.

He now has a very nice,and no doubt valuable, gold ring with gemstones set in it.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Crap, completely forgot about those. :( Loved my Arqy.

He hands Fild a gold ring set with flame-red gemstones.
Would that get Fild killed on sight? In any case, Fild hides it inside his sock. He would ride underside the wagon and after the wagon stops for supplies he will slip to the Friar. His intent is to stay there just enough to warn his buddies and go to hiding somewhere else... like embarking on a ship.
If the party has made money, he would request someone to buy for him at least a sword, a shield and a studded leather armor if there's enough money.
Does he have the original money he had on him when arrested? That was quite a sum.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Crap, completely forgot about those. :( Loved my Arqy.

He hands Fild a gold ring set with flame-red gemstones.
Would that get Fild killed on sight? In any case, Fild hides it inside his sock. He would ride underside the wagon and after the wagon stops for supplies he will slip to the Friar. His intent is to stay there just enough to warn his buddies and go to hiding somewhere else... like embarking on a ship.
If the party has made money, he would request someone to buy for him at least a sword, a shield and a studded leather armor if there's enough money.
Does he have the original money he had on him when arrested? That was quite a sum.
They didn't take his money.

Just his arms and armor.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ANNOUNCMENT

Okay, this adventure is over.

Post whatever epilogues or transitions you like. Feel free to ask questions.

Write down your XP, and level up if needed. Please send updated sheet links. Mythweavers is especially nice, but use what works for you.

If anybody is trying again on the second, still locked box, or forcing it-- let me know.

You don't necessarily have to decide whither the party is going just now, if you guys just prefer to say ''a ship.''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

UPDATE

Okay, no immediate action on epilogues and I didn't want to leave it twisting in the wind, so I capped the chapter with a cutscene. Feel free to read it. Player knowledge, but nothing that should affect your enjoyment of future adventures.

If anyone does want to post an epilogue, just start a new thread.

You have your xp.

Next game will pick up with you guys having appraised, sold/converted, and divided treasure if nobody objects to that.
Outside Povero.
Equal shares, even with some NPCs getting paid, make out handsomely for every PC.

I'll put up a regional/world map later. Still working on that.
No need to make decisions just yet-- it's enough I know your party is getting out of town, and in haste.

We will pause the game with this adventure's conclusion.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

[quote="ewancummins"]success at appraisal yields this info

THE LOOT
from the first, opened, coffer

Gems 1. 2 x Alexandrite (500 silver pence)
2. Coral (100 silver pence)
3. Moss Agate (10 silver pence)
4. Pink Pearl (100 silver pence)
5. Rhodochrosite (10 silver pence)
6. Turquoise (10 silver pence)
7. 2 x Zircon (50 silver pence)
Total value = 1330 silver pence
Jewelry 1. Gold earrings set with gems (4000 silver pence)
2. Gold tiara set with gems (3000 silver pence)
3. Wrought gold bracelet (700 silver pence)
4. Wrought gold brooch (1300 silver pence)
Total value = 9000 silver pence
Total value 10330 silver pence

Each coffer worth 110 silver pence (the high quality locks and very sturdy construction add value)

Remember , I use a silver standard. In regular old D&D terms, you just hauled in over 1OK gold pieces worth of loot. Even divided eight ways (Gertie, Thom, Damien, Alfonse, Fild, Titus, Sixt, the man from the Builders Guild), it's a lot for each of you.

Give up one of the two coffers in return for an appraisal.

You get:
1291.25 silver pence each.
Again, prices in the AD&D PHB 2E reflect a gold standard, so don't forget to adjust.

Outside Povero, lacking Savelle help and local contacts, you may convert gems and jewlery straight to coins of whatever city or kingdom to go to next at 20% surcharge, tax, etc. If we did this in a really detailed way, you'd need to sell some jewelry or stones to make the shares even. If you claim a piece of jewelry or a stone after the appraisal, post that claim here. First come, first serve. Subtract its value from your share.

A merchant who knows the value of a gemstone may accept it as he would a stack of trusted coins. The group could haggle, make purchases together, etc. To keep it simple, you can trade in part of your share for newly purchased gear, no problem.
Run any unusual items by me first.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The trap on the second coffer was disabled, but nobody has succeeded in picking the lock yet.

Since thieves have leveled, they can try again if the players like.

Gertie has a go-

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

04 is a success.

Oh my.

Need to edit that last IC post...

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

So... after medium shield, small shield, shortsword (20 sp) + studded leather for the ship and easy movement (20 sp more) what's the best armor Field can buy? In a reasonable time before we leave?
According to prices, he would be able to buy even plate armor (seems a bit cheap...) but it would probably take days to find a small one and then weeks to be refitted.
Anyway, what's the best armor Field can buy?
Can he buy another Arquebus?

The Shield, shortsword and studded leather can be covered by the money he had remaining and Aldron's initial payment.

NOTE: I want two sets of equipment. The "move around \ ship" mode with studded leather and shield that allows Fild to use his hand for torches etc and the "expect trouble" one. Also both shields should be wooden (in order to help him stay afloat in the inevitable chance he will be thrown in the sea).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:So... after medium shield, small shield, shortsword (20 sp) + studded leather for the ship and easy movement (20 sp more) what's the best armor Field can buy? In a reasonable time before we leave?
According to prices, he would be able to buy even plate armor (seems a bit cheap...) but it would probably take days to find a small one and then weeks to be refitted.
Anyway, what's the best armor Field can buy?
Can he buy another Arquebus?

The Shield, shortsword and studded leather can be covered by the money he had remaining and Aldron's initial payment.

NOTE: I want two sets of equipment. The "move around \ ship" mode with studded leather and shield that allows Fild to use his hand for torches etc and the "expect trouble" one. Also both shields should be wooden (in order to help him stay afloat in the inevitable chance he will be thrown in the sea).
Right--gnome sized plate isn't something he can just buy at the local market. It has to be made for him.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RE plate

In AD&D, as you may know, "plate mail" (no such thing, but the designers are usually older terminology, antiquarian language) is essentially what we call transitional, or plate & mail armor.
It is not a suit of plate armor.
If you want something like white harness, you are looking at full plate or possibly field plate, and those are much more expensive.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I am looking for the best armor I can buy within the time constrains we have. You didn't answer about that. :)
Is banded available for small sized adventurers?
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Arqeubus: yes.

But it's gonna to cost the full PHB 2E price (converted to silver standard, like everything else).

Because smoke powder is a quasi-magical concoction made by alchemists, it isn't as common in this setting as black powder was in our world's Late Medieval or Renaissance Europe. Because of that, development and production of powder-based weapons has lagged, and prices remain high.

About new gear, though-- I plan to begin a new adventure AFTER in-game downtime has passed. The mage may wish to do spell research. You guys have treasure to cache, spend, whatever.