POVERO Campaign OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:I am looking for the best armor I can buy within the time constrains we have. You didn't answer about that. :)
Is banded available for small sized adventurers?
If you want to buy this stuff (banded armor, plate and mail, arquebus) in Povero, you have to get the gems assessed there. Alfonse said he thought that was a bad idea.
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

My advice:

Use the money from your current purse to buy that replacement gear as you like: studded, sword, etc. These are thinsg he can buy that day in Povero, before the party goes wherever it is the party decides to go.
Which you guys have not yet decided.
And that's cool-- take your time. Maps and more info are coming.

Next adventure will begin after some downtime has passed. You will have opportunities to spend treasure and get new gear. Maybe make a wish list and note the PHB prices. It's possible you will get better deals, or some things may be harder to come by, depending on where the party actually does go.
For example:

plate and mail armor may be less common in some regions.
Desert nomads don't make heavy use of it.

Gnomish sized armor may be easier to get in places with more gnomes.

A primitive place may lack arqebuses.

I'm fine with straight PHB prices (once converted) as a default.
But if you prefer to RP yoru shopping trip, I will oblige. It could result in some stuff costing more, some stuff less.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Example:

Fild buys; short sword, studded leather, shield with the money he has now. This stuff would be on him when he leaves Povero aboard a ship (if that is indeed what the party is doing. If the group decides to go overland instead, say to Ferrantio, then I'll edit that last IC scene to be the back of a wagon and not a ship's hold.)

LATER, in between adventures and after the party actually learns the value of the gemstones and jewelry (having paid an NPC to assess that) and has made some division of the loot, then Fild can buy other stuff.
Make a wish list and note PHB prices (as always, reading PHB gold pieces as my world's silver pence ) as a guideline. Unless some compelling in-game reason exists why you couldn't buy something (you want to buy a fishing boat in the middle of a desert, plate armor from jungle savages, etc) I'll be liberal about purchases at this stage in the game.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

That seems OK for the time.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

DORFU

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]

[dice]6[/dice]

[dice]7[/dice]

[dice]8[/dice]

[dice]9[/dice]

[dice]10[/dice]

[dice]11[/dice]