The Halls of Medeia - Chapter 1

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Halls of Medeia - Chapter 1

Post by Ail »

Niles is happy to see that Christine's ankle is recovering well, and that she will probably be able to walk normally in a few days.

Victoria asks over his shoulder:

"Well? Is it serious?"

Oliver is also worried and spies in Christine's direction.

"How is it, Father? Should Christine be laid to rest for a while?"
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

"Tis not bad, but she should remain off her feet as much as possible this week, to let it heal."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Victoria appears to be considering her alternatives, until a maid arrives at the door.
"Very well, Father. Since there is no immediate danger, let us just sit here comfortably and get to the bottom of this. Bertha", she says, turning to the maid, "come back in 30 minutes, I expect you'll help Miss Reliard to the infirmary. Make sure everything will be ready there."

As the maid leaves, Victoria turns to them again.

"It seems there are two different stories here, Miss Reliard and Mister Wilkinson. I would very much like to hear the truth, or if you will not proffer it to me, at least a common story that explains why you did not sleep here and that you both will accept the consequences for.

Father Niles, while our two students converse with their consciences, do you know something else that might help me understand what is going on?"
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

Niles shakes his head, "I'm afraid I may know less than ye do, Miss Fairfax. Another student came by my rooms with a message that help was needed at the Boiler House. When I arrived, Christine in tears, with Oliver attempting to comfort her. When ye found us, I was leading them back to the chapel to hear their story and to see what could be done to help."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Victoria nods to the priest, and takes some time before answering.
Oliver shifts uncomfortably in his chair and looks at Christine, trying to decipher her intentions.

"Thank you, Father. I am satisfied with your part in this.
Christine and Oliver, you put me in a difficult situation. You have infringed on several rules, and I ought to punish you, lest the rest of the students think they can wander about at night. The grounds are dangerous, and it is not proper.
As it is, you know, not proper for a young lady to be found at dawn with a young man! This could start a scandal, and I want to avoid that!

But Christine's health is my primary concern at the moment..."

She pauses for some time, nervously tapping her fingers on the table and scrutinizing the students.

"You may be thinking if I am going to punish you. I am, you will be in detention! But you'll be detained in the Infirmary under regular watch, for three days. I don't want Miss Sargant or anyone else spreading rumours about the two of you that could reach your families, so for all the world you have fallen ill, mysteriously at the same time.
There is a lot more to your story, but clearly you've decided not to confide in me. We will come back to this later, and I'll be watching you. Meanwhile, Father Niles, you are welcome to tend to these students' physical and spiritual well-being. I feel that your support is needed at this time.
The maid will lead you to the Infirmary now. If you need any of your things in there, I'll send someone to your rooms to fetch them."