Players seeking PbP Games / PbP DMs seeking players

Online roleplaying at the Café
Morkar
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Players seeking PbP Games / PbP DMs seeking players

Post by Morkar »

Greetings to you all i am a new member here a The Fraternity of Shadows but not in the dungeons and dragons game ( 17 years of experience both 1st and 2nd edition). I would like to participate in PbP game with 2nd edition rules if anyone is interested.
Isamu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Isamu »

Hi All,
I'm a new member who has some previous experience with PBP gaming. I'm looking for a Ravenloft game to join. I'd prefer one with a Pathfinder rules set, but I'm open to others. I love rolling dice, but i'm not afraid to jump into some pure roleplay either. If any PBP DMs here in the Cafe need a player, message me. I am available to play on a daily basis!
}Isamu
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Hello Isamu,

I'm actually looking to run a Ravenloft game adapted to the Pathfinder rules-set! I'm pretty open (and wanted to ask any potential players) as to what domain they'd like to start in, as I have adventures planned for just about every domain (even ones like Liffe or Blaustein) as well as for pre and post Conjunction campaign types. It's just a matter of sifting through what the potential players want.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Pretty much up for anything. :D If you'll have me as a player. :)

Not sure if Isamu is still hanging around but i guess we'll find out! xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

I'm about 99% certain that I'm going to set it in Paridon. I think it'd be a fun campaign that has the ability to expand to other domains if the players eventually get the urge (or end up in an unfortunate situation) but could also sustain wear as a long-term setting. And of course, the FoS site has all the stuff I need to run a game in Paridon, which is why I love it so friggin' much.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

blackaeon wrote:I'm about 99% certain that I'm going to set it in Paridon. I think it'd be a fun campaign that has the ability to expand to other domains if the players eventually get the urge (or end up in an unfortunate situation) but could also sustain wear as a long-term setting. And of course, the FoS site has all the stuff I need to run a game in Paridon, which is why I love it so friggin' much.
Actually if I am not mistaken, Pamela wrote a really nice article/book on Paridon. It is on the site.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The Zheresian Gazeteer if I am not mistaken.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

So, I have recently dropped from three pbps a day, to one every couple of days or so, and I am feeling a bit of a withdrawal at the moment. Is there, by any chance, a campaign that I might be able to join?

I mean no offense to those I am already a part of. I'm merely looking for more to be a part of on top of what I am already partaking in.

I can create new characters, or use previous characters from other campaigns if need be. I'm quite adaptable.
Isamu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Isamu »

Hi All,
I am also still available as a player for anyone who is trying to get/keep a game going. Just shoot me a message.
}cheers
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

Hey gang. Found the site a while back, decided to join. What a great resource!

Totally looking forward to gaming with you.

Any games looking for an intrepid soul to brave the mists?
koesherbacon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by koesherbacon »

I've decided to give DMing an online game a shot. I'm going to use the adventure, Chilling Tales: Surgeon's Blade, as inspiration using Pathfinder rules instead of AD&D 2e.

If you've played this adventure before, please don't spoil anything for anyone. The majority of the plot revolves around investigating a kidnapping of Van Richten as well as the mad scheme of an insane "doctor".

I'd need 3-5 players to start the game.

If you're interested, I've made a PDF detailing the character creation process I'd like to use. You can view it here: http://goo.gl/YLNli0

I've been using Mana instead of Spells-per-Day in my real-life games, and I would also like to use those rules here as well. You can learn about how Mana works here: http://goo.gl/75u0UX. Don't worry if it sounds complicated. I also made a Mana Calculator, which you can use to figure out how much Mana your character has. You can go to the calculator here: http://goo.gl/6kAHYt. I can also help you figure it out once we begin.

There's also some Homebrew stuff which I'd like to use as well. You can read about the Homebrew material we're going to be using here: http://goo.gl/p4REZN

If this game sounds like something you'd be interested in, please let me know!
~ Ev
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

Color me interested, Koesherbacon.

Will review the links and get back to you...
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

@KB, Is there a particular hook you had in mind for the PCs?

Here are some of the angles that came to mind for me:
-Former associate of the good Doctor … drawn to Lamordia after suspecting things may have gone awry?
-Regular Lamordian townsfolk who gets drawn into something that is bigger than himself?

If I go with a former associate, I'll most likely opt for a spell caster of some kind. Maybe there was an incident years ago that Van Richten and the PC became involved in, and the two have kept in touch via correspondence ever since?

If I go for the Lamordian local hero, I'll probably go with something a bit more martial (who likely will be gripped by the cold rationality that Lamordia is known for).

Thoughts?
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Going to say I have to decline your invitation, I've gathered a few games after I had posted interest. Thanks for the invite though, I'll keep you posted if anything changes however.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

Seems sort of slow (to be expected in August I suppose).

Are there any games looking for players?