Ghosts of Gauntcliff, PM interlude: Playtime with Everline

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ghosts of Gauntcliff, PM interlude: Playtime with Everline

Post by ewancummins »

(OOC- What follows is more of Everline's dream. Open text is mine. Boxed text is Rock's. I removed Rock's references to game mechanics and his OOC comments/questions. )

The man with the burned face holds Everline down with one powerful hand, even as he rips at her clothes with his other hand.

Everline struggles hard.

"Yes, fight me! I like that!"

Her attacker laughs as he pushes her down to the mattress again and again. She feels herself weakening. He is so much bigger and stronger than she is.

She kicks him in the groin, wriggles free of his iron grip and rushes towards the door.

The door slams shut in her face, as if pushed by an unseen hand.

Her attacker leaps up from the bed, growing taller as he rises, filling the room. He stoops over her like a fairytale ogre. "Come on, let's play a fun game together.''
"You want to play, bastard?" Everline wheezes, breathing hard. "Fine. Let's play tag. Just so we're clear, you're it. Podagra!"

A ray of green energy leaps out at the giant, strikes and stiffens its joints as if a sudden attack of gout had afflicted its body.

"Having fun yet?" Everline hisses between her teeth. She moves, attempting to slip past the ogre and get behind it.
Everline's ray strikes the creature. It flails about, trashing the interior of the cottage.

She deftly rolls between the giant's legs, and comes to a halt against the wall behind it.

The ogre's clumsy blows are literally bringing down the house. Chunks of plaster fall from the walls, and clumps of thatch fall from the ceiling.
"Break into my dreams, will you?" Everline roars, her morningstar appearing in her hands out of nowhere.

"Violate my body and spirit, would you? Tear my world apart? Fool! This house was my world! It's not my world anymore! Slashing the darkness to ribbons! Blazing a path for the innocent to walk in safety! Blood! Song! Fire! Courage! Gold! Magic! Steel! This is my world now!"

Roaring, Everline attacks the ogre, slamming her weapon into its unprotected back with her full strength.
The morning star smashes into the ogre's unprotected back...

...and splinters like the child's toy that it is.

The monster's head twists round, owl-fashion, and stares down at Everline.
"Little girl, don't you know? This is not your dream. It’s MINE!"
One huge hand smashes Everline into the wall, driving the breath from her body.

The ogre lifts her stunned and bloody form from the wrecked wall.

Very bad things follow...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)