The Fall of House Pancrazio Interlude

Online roleplaying at the Café
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Fall of House Pancrazio Interlude

Post by JMaytr »

ALONG THE ROAD TO VON ZYIDEN-

The carriage rolls down the cobbled road towards the town of Von Zyiden, creaking noisily as it moves. Two black mares, quite healthy and strong looking, pull the heavy vehicle while a young boy drives it. His youthful hands are covered with calluses from the reigns and the look on his face is almost sad and vacant. It is clear he has seen horrors he should not have.

The carriage enters the town just as dawn breaks. Moving through the streets, the few peasants that are already up, avoid the black carriage with the royal Dilisnya standard painted on the doors. When the vehicle does stop, it is in front of a fruit cart run by a teen-aged girl.

The boy climbs down and begins perusing the wares. He selects a plain looking apple along with some under ripened pears and hands them to the girl to put in a paper sack.

With a quivering voice the girl said,

"Um My lord won't like these pears, they aren't ripe and will taste bitter."

"They will do just fine." The somber boy replied.

After paying for the fruit the boy crossed the road and purchased some day old bread, dousing it quickly in a dirty horse trough, soaking it. the boy returned to the carriage and opened wide the side door.

"Here my lord. some simple food from the people."

The boy handed the wares over to the man inside the carriage. Lord Ivan Dilisnya took the food and began to eat without passion or urgency. The boy smiled when the frail man within the carriage broke off pieces of soggy bread to eat.

"Take me to the Porphyry house two streets ahead, the red bricked building. I need to speak to someone before we arrive at the Pancrazio house."

"Of course my lord. With haste."

The door closed the carriage started up again moving quickly to the building Dilisnya described.

Almost immediately upon arriving a well dressed woman with black hair and bright blue eyes exited the house and entered the carriage. Sitting with her gloved hands in her lap, Magenta almost looked afraid-almost. there was still something predatory about her gaze as she sat with the Regent of the Northeast.

"Ah Magenta. Tell me, is everything ready for tonight's feast?"

The woman nodded quickly.

"My father has spared no expense on the meal and I have instructed my fool to be entertaining as well."

"Not that boring stuff my dear! what about Lothario? Do the Enzo's have the means to usurp the holdings of your dear grandmother?"

Magenta smiled and looked in the direction of the Porphyry house's second level.

"Not anymore they don't" She replied.

Ivan smiled. "Don't spare any details my dear." The frail man let out a hard held breath and put his hand on her gloved one.

The carriage started up again, driving in the direction of the Pancrazio estate.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."