Happy with freedom of action?
100%

Total votes: 4

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mists over the Musarde OOC Poll Question 3

Post by JMaytr »

Freedom of action: Do you guys feel railroaded? Confused by wealth of options? Happy with freedom of action?
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I think their is plenty of freedom of action as it were . In some was too much as if we actual stayed too a plan certain possible events may not of happened .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I agree with Sky; I think we have plenty of freedom. Sometimes, it can seem like a little too much freedom, and occasionally it can be difficult to figure out what we're supposed to do, or what is a useful clue and what (if anything) is a red herring*. I think part of that is just a limitation of the PBP format, though. Since we have a slower pace than a tabletop game, it just takes longer to advance the plot.

I think all of this is less of a problem in RL than it would be in a standard fantasy campaign, though, since doubt and uncertainty are part of the whole experience.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights