Realms of Dread OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Realms of Dread OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Please ignore the 'guest' thread. I had a hiccup signing in for some weird reason. I'll ask the mods to please delete that one. Players may post in the IC thread as soon as they like. If enough people post early, I'll begin earlier [still reserving slots for all the players who've expressed interest, of course].

Let's begin this thread with capsule descriptions of the PCs [no stats, just a general description and anything background or personality related that you don't mind the other players all knowing at the start of play- no secrets posted here, please]. I'd also like to hear and questions, concerns, comments,etc which you all may have regarding the campaign. Ah, and of course, general chatty crap, like in any game. :wink: :)
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Still in the process of designing my character:

The idea is to create a tank fighter as different from Cirdan (my PC in Ewan' other game) as possible.

He's a wandering swordsman from the Moonshae Isles, an orphan raised by the spirits of the forest glades, and a worshipper of demon gods.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi Silverhelm is from Damara and a priestess of Lathander.

She's a dwarf with long red hair braided behind her back and deep grey eyes. She sports a breast plate and travelling gear. At her hip is a nice looking heavy mace.

Rardi is actually easy going once you get to know her. She is very adamant against anything undead as people find out once they know her. Besides that she doesn't say much unless cornered into conversation.

People should get to know Rardi before jumping to any typical dwarvish stereotypical ideas. She can be a fierce ally.

Couldn't find a pic for her but if you read the webcomic Looking for Group
she looks excactly like Pella of Clan Breem.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Arrgh! Stupid sign in issues! I'll have to ask the mods to delete those ''guest'' posts. I can't edit or erase those myself, unfortunately.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Yeah. That's odd.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Yeah. That's odd.

Well, I hope it doesn't impair anyone's enjoyment of the camapign. I'll ask for it to be removed/cleaned up.

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Hey everyone,

Is everyone making new characters?
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Hey everyone,

Is everyone making new characters?
Ooops, disregard that. Just read the background notes thread. I will have an updated Alain here as soon as I can.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana is a red headed human female, in her early 20s. Well travelled, but retaining a slight dalelands accent. She is an entertainer, using a mixture of dance, acrobatics and intricate illusions. She is generally goodhearted, but displays no particular attachment to any nation or people, and is suspicious of nobility and authority.

Picture can be found here:

http://www.isauras.com/renderings/renderings.html?id=93
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

kintire wrote:Shana is a red headed human female, in her early 20s. Well travelled, but retaining a slight dalelands accent. She is an entertainer, using a mixture of dance, acrobatics and intricate illusions. She is generally goodhearted, but displays no particular attachment to any nation or people, and is suspicious of nobility and authority.

Picture can be found here:

http://www.isauras.com/renderings/renderings.html?id=93
Or you simple use google, type in "redhead" and "nsfw". :P
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Or you simple use google, type in "redhead" and "nsfw".
That's entirely unfair!

well, almost entirely unfair.

...largely unfair.

on the unfair side.

okay, it contains elements which might, under certain circumstances, be described as not totally fair. ish.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil is from a wealthy family that lives in a tower a bit outside of Waterdeep. Her parents are both wizards.

Inovidil is at her mid 20s, is 5.6’ and 130lb. She has black hair and blue sapphire eyes. She wears travel comfortable, but good quality clothes, pants, shirt and a blouse and a cloak with many internal pockets. At her right hip, is hanged a light crossbow and at the left a dagger. At her neck Inovidil wears a silver necklace with a moon.

Inovidil is an evoker and never says no in a fight with spells or no...She believes that magic is an art and adores learning spells and studying magic. She is also rather impulsive as person; she says what she thinks and often acts before considering the others. She is also very devoted to Mystra.

What about Jamethon? How is he after Ezra's death? He is still there?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:
What about Jamethon? How is he after Ezra's death? He is still there?
Last Ino heard, Jamethon was working with the men who retrieve the bodies of the dead and take them to the cremation trenches outside the city walls.

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain has changed his appearance somewhat since he began his travels in this new world. He used to typically wear outdated Dementiuise fashion, which has now been replaced but comfortable Faerunian attire, Typically in blacks and drab colors, that would match the trends of Waterdeep. He has shaggy blond hair and green eyes and wears glasses. He also sports a drab blue cloak with frayed and tattered bottom, signs of great travel.
If anyone is familiar with Kartakas, His studded leather armor seems to have qualities that hail to there style. He also carries a long sword at his hip.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

LOL- did it again. No big deal. That last 'guest' post really was me, Van. You found Jamethon.