RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter Twelve

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter Twelve

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf kneels on the chest of the arcanist and jabs his neck with his wand, trying to revive him as slightly as possible.

"Mhhhmmppph...hrmmmhh!"

The gaunt man struggles to speak through his gag.

His face goes paler than ever as he catches sight of the daemon warrior.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

DORGIO falls back, pale-faced and trembling before the blasphemous beast from the portal.

The scattered torches dim, guttering.

''MORE LIGHT!''

The mad-eyed priest begins chanting, and a glow builds around him...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The monster parries a blow of the warrior's great sword.

CHOKE AND DIE, MORTAL SCUM!

Vile green fog begins seeping from the chinks in its exoskeleton...

The swordsman steps right into the noxious smog and chops the thing's head off with two thudding blows.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain on seeing the demons head fall from its shoulders mutters a spell* . Hand crackling with energy he picks up the head and discharges his spell into it as he holds up the head . "That should make sure it does not come back for good ." Dusting off his hands after he does so . Thinking to himself I hope we can find Matyr now without all these distractions now and take care of him much easier than this mess was .

*Shocking Grasp
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The daemon's head fries to ash and its body dissolves in a foul-smelling green mist.
But the trident it dropped remains.

Klokulf gets the captive's gag loose.

''Phaghhh! The portal's not shut! Something has gone very wrong--you fools disrupting our ritual caused this, I'm sure. More things will come through unless the way is shut. And only I know how to do that!''

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf utters a sickening prayer, and dark sparks flit across his left hand. He brings his left index finger an inch from the captive's face and says, "Perhaps you could explain how, then. It sounds as though it is of the utmost importance."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf utters a sickening prayer, and dark sparks flit across his left hand. He brings his left index finger an inch from the captive's face and says, "Perhaps you could explain how, then. It sounds as though it is of the utmost importance."

Seeing the daemon vanish after being slain appears to calm the magician, at least a bit.
''Untie me and I might tell you more. Nice trick with your hand--but we both know you're only bluffing.''
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Klokulf's eyes burn. "I truly hate being accused of bluffing. If time were not of the essence and others had no say in your fate, I would prove you wrong and disturb your eternal rest for answers tomorrow afternoon."

He pushes himself to his feet and looks to the others in the room, his hand still dancing with negative energy. "I welcome any alternatives to untying him, but you may do so if you think it best."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen gives a steely cold look to the man.
"The fate of the person that nearly flattened me dead and opened the portal? He is going to hell after death for eternity, that's for sure. So, unless he starts talking really soon, perhaps we should speed up the process and throw him through the portal. He may delay whatever comes through next for a time as I check for the books nearby. The books we found the other time. And divination magic would help me locate them.
You are not the only one that can close the portal warlock. You are just the one that can do it faster. But you are close to convincing me that it would be faster to use your still-living body for demon bait and for me and the Archivist to close the portal ourselves. With you on the other side of course."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat takes a long look at the portal, taking deep breaths as she takes in the demon for the first time, her brain finally processing it through the adrenaline. Then she strides over to the wizard on the floor and looks coldly at him, before kicking him crisply in the groin.

"Tell us how to close it. Now."

Her glittering rapier flicks, and a thin touch of blood appera across his cheek, then the point hovers near his eye.

"And I mean Right Now."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The prisoner grunts at the kick, but only flinches a bit at the shallow scrape to his face.

''Untie my hands and I'll show you some real magic, Red... the kind I use on saucy wenches at the tavern."
The villain chuckles at his own crude jest.

Raen, he simply ignores.
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen, turns to Bennedict. "Can you accompany me to find the books? Perhaps we won't need that guy after all."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Klokulf's hand crackles as the dark energy disperses into the air. "I have heard enough."

He grasps the magician by the collar and proceeds to drag him toward the gate. He addresses the others, "If anyone tries to stop me, I will not resist." Then he speaks to the mage, "You would do better to endear yourself to the last people who can prevent your upcoming journey. Your manners are more lacking than most of my fellow priests."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

The armor clad swordsman

The armor clad swordsman moves over to the bound prisoner, grabs by his shirt with a single hand and drags him to the nearest wall, his big sword dragging along the ground in the other hand. Then he grabs the prisoner by the throat pushing against the wall and lifts him up until his feet are just barely lifted off the ground, he grip tight barely allowing the man to breathe.

"I offer you two choices, and only two choices." He says. "First, I choke the life out of you and let them sort out the portal business. It will be slow and painful, as my grip tightens and I crush your throat." He tightens his grip around the man's ever so slightly.

"Second, you tell these people what they wish to know and I will grant you Mercy." He says.

"If you have no desire to undo this mess you have caused, then say nothing. I will gladly watch the light in your eyes burn out. However, if you wish for Mercy, I will grant that too you. All you have to do is tell them how to close the portal."

The armor clad swordsman awaits a response the from prisoner. He doesn't pay much heed to the others, any objections they make fall on deaf ears.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

When the swordsman seizes the prisoner from Klokulf and drags him away, the magician's robe rips and the Lawgiver's priest is left holding most of the torn garment.

Choke-slammed into the stone wall, the prisoner kicks at the swordmsan.His eyes bulge.
He hisses. A strangled cough, more hissing, and then ''I'll talk!"

SPOT
DC 10
VIEW CONTENT:
Urine runs down the man's leg, forming a puddle at his feet.