CRABCLAW: Chapter One

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: CRABCLAW: Chapter One

Post by Adam »

"Hmm, you make a good point," Alfonse says to Fild. "Maybe if we just chummed the waters to try and bait the thing into surfacing?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie has listened to what everyone has to say, then pipes in with her opinion,

"Well, what if we harpoon the beast, or even catch it in a cage? The crane idea is a good one. But, as already specified it would need a large boat of which we do not have."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"A harpoon," Benn says, "Yes, something to hold it on the surface, so we can finish it."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The two crabbers nod and murmur in agreement as Gertie and Alfonse discuss the possibility of using a harpoon.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Are any of you experienced with throwing a harpoon?" he asks. "Don't know that I would be much use for it..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:"Are any of you experienced with throwing a harpoon?" he asks. "Don't know that I would be much use for it..."
The two crabbers shake their heads.

But then Kotha says, ''There are whaler-men that come in and out this city... Might be you can hire one who's good with one of those big fishspears, sir.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Aramia nods eagerly.

"I'm sure I can manage a harpoon. Its basically a javelin, right? still if we can get an expert whalers, that might be a bonus."

She seems to be happy to let the others plan, mostly relieved to have been accepted...