Beyond Povero Weapons Poll # 2

Online roleplaying at the Café

Which WP system do you like best? Pick one.

1: None. (Everybody is proficient with all the weapons on his class list, in effect.)
No votes
2: the PHB optional WP rules.
No votes
3: PHB WP rules + Fighter's Handbook options available. This means style spec, group proficiencies, and so on.
100%

Total votes: 3

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Beyond Povero Weapons Poll # 2

Post by ewancummins »

Which WP system do you like best?
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Beyond Povero Weapons Poll # 2

Post by ewancummins »

If we use WP, I will playtest a rule drawn from 1st edition. Any magical weapon that is on a PC's character class weapons list can be used by that PC as if he were proficient.
This is nice because you can't predict what you'll find, and it kind of sucks for your low level fighter to find a broadsword +1 and fight at a -1 penalty ( -2 non-proficient penalty but a +1 magic bonus) with it because you choose longsword for your dude.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Beyond Povero Weapons Poll # 2

Post by alhoon »

The more weapons the merrier for me.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!