Gencon 2016

Books, movies, television and everything else
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gencon 2016

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Anyone going? I'll be there.

(So looking forward to getting my party portrait done by Talon!)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Gencon 2016

Post by Ender »

I'm going! I usually get at least one commission from Talon each year. Not certain exactly which one I want this time...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nice! Maybe I'll see you at his booth. (I plan on showing up right at opening on Thursday.)

also of note: Lucien Soulban is going to be there signing things. He wrote the Azenwrath section of CotN:Created, as well as the RPGA adventure Legacy of Venom.

Bruce Cordell, who wrote Die Vecna Die! and Open Grave will also be in the writers symposium.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ender »

Yeah, I saw Bruce's name on the writer's symposium list a while back (that's primarily what I go for)!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, that was a blast!

Ravenloft-ish highlights:
  • This tidbit of info: http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... 17#p226717
  • Meeting Jim Zub, scoring the alternate covers of the Shadows of the Vampire comics I was missing, and getting them signed
  • Meeting Claudio Pozas, though I sadly didn't have anything for him to sign. (hi, Klaus! sorry I couldn't take you up on the offer of a Strahd sketch. maybe next time.)
  • Meeting Lucien Soulban, getting my COTN: Created signed, and settling once and for all the pronunciation of Azenwrath. (It's AZZ-en-wrath, not AZE-en-wrath)
  • Winning a box each of Shadows over Innistrad and Eldritch Moon in a Magic tournament (it's not Ravenloft, but it's close. (Well, as of Plane Shift: Innistrad, it sort of is Ravenloft.))
and of course...
  • Meeting Talon Dunning, commissioning my party portrait (can't wait to see the final piece!), seeing all his original art from the books that I wished I could also buy, including unused alternate versions of some, and getting my limited edition 3e RCS and 3e MotRD signed, as well as my Tarokka deck. Bonus: Talon said he doesn't think he's ever signed one before, so I may have the only signed Talon Tarroka in the world! :D
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Haha! Lucky! The signed Tarokka deck that is.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OMG.... Talon sent me the first draft of my commission. It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see the final...
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Saw it on FB. Posted in the Talon thread.
It looks great indeed.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Indeed... thanks for saving me the trouble of posting it, Giamarga. :)