Star Wars 7 (No Spoilers)

Books, movies, television and everything else
Joël of the FoS

Re: Star Wars 7 (No Spoilers)

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Zilfer wrote: It's been said that the saga's mirror each other. So Episode 1 and 4 and 7 are all similiar. Episode 2 and 5 are similar. Ect ect ect. You could definitely notice they were trying to setup for the next movies though. :)
Really? Didn't notice 123 mirrored 456.

That isn't great news for me.

Don't read what's next if you haven't seen Episode 7!
VIEW CONTENT:
Ep 4. Starts on a desert planet, after a droid escaped with critical info the Dark side wants to recover. Orphan helps the good side by accident. Exit the planet with Millenium Falcon while being chased. A young person gets a mythical light saber, and it's probably the start of a jedi path. Dark side has a ray-like weapon able to destroy planets, it must be stopped. Exploration of the Dark Side's stronghold to free a captive. During exploration, a good dude dies. Dark side's stronghold's planet explodes after a X Wing Fighter puts a missile in its weak link.

Ep 7. Starts on a desert planet, after a droid escaped with critical info the Dark side wants to recover. Orphan helps the good side by accident. Exit the planet with Millenium Falcon while being chased. A young person gets a mythical light saber, and it's probably the start of a jedi path. Dark side has a ray-like weapon able to destroy planets, it must be stopped. Exploration of the Dark Side's stronghold to free a captive. During exploration, a good dude dies. Dark side's stronghold's planet explodes after a X Wing Fighter puts a missile in its weak link. ;)

So in the next (#8), we'll have Luke train Ray as a jedi, after being reluctant to do so. But she is young and strong headead and she will go for battle even if she isn't ready yet. Ray learns that her lost parents are ... Awful battle, Ray is asked to join the dark side, she refuses, she looses a body bit, a good dude dies, and the dark side wins. The good side escapes narrowly.

Episode 9, the Force is back and this time it wins and we have Ewoks :shock:
What is the fun in that? ;)

Aren't you a bit tired of seeing always the same movie? (that comment on Hollywood in general, not SW in particular)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

alhoon wrote:Really? You didn't find those plastic masks and costumes anachronistic in 2016? Those Imperial remnant troopers in beginning could hardly run in their armor!
No, I didn't felt it was bad. It was 100 % StarWarzesque and fun IMHO. The stormtroopers still aim very badly with their weapons, I blame their helmets's designers ;)

A 100 % CGI movie isn't that of a challenge these days. Crafting something for real, in real locations, and filming it is. During watching Ep 7, I never felt some parts were not well made and looked made out of cardboard.

No I stand on that 10/10, for a SW movie.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I'll put Episode 1 in spoiler tags not that I think it needs them but just in case.
VIEW CONTENT:
Episode 1: If you take this from Aniken and consider him the main character because all these movies are about the Skywalker family. He starts on a Desert planet, and is selected by a Jedi mentor of sorts to begin training. Just like Obi wan to Aniken the original mentor figure dies. I speak of course Qui Gon Jinn. There's no death star in Episode 1 ill give you that but there is an infiltration of the "bad guys" both in Aniken destroying the Trade Federation ship that no one can seem to destroy from the outside. (Sound familiar?) The other is infiltrating the palace down below to stop the unstoppable droid army!
I think I've read a few interviews where it was intentional for the saga's to mirror one another. Not exact copies but have similiar elements. I kinda hope they don't go for the dismember in the next one. :)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf