Twin Peaks returns!

Books, movies, television and everything else
Vorcoth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Twin Peaks returns!

Post by Vorcoth »

In case you haven't heard, David Lynch and Mark Frost have announced they will be writing/directing a new season of Twin Peaks.

It will be 9 episodes, airing on Showtime, and will pick up 25 years after the events of the original series. If it does well, you can pretty much bet on it getting a multi-season run.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Twin Peaks returns!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'm so excited! I marathoned the original with some friends back in college, but that was 17 years ago, so I remember very little other than it being awesome. I'll probably have to watch it again to get back up to speed before the new series.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Vorcoth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Vorcoth »

They just released the entire original series on Blu-Ray to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the show.
I think it includes Fire Walk with Me
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

One of my favorite TV series of all time. I hope the sequel does preserve the spirit of the original, which will be difficult.
...Also because Lynch now is different than Lynch 1990. His style has been copied too many times.

I think we will get a Fargo, or, Top of the Lake, but no real sequel. Which will be sweet enough, but still, somewhat disappointing.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I just finished the original run tonight and almost jumped out of my seat in regards to what soneone said to cooper. I dont want to post spoilers, but suffice to say, I was like; No way they planned that! No way! 25 years later indeed.