Cool TV serie - recommandations?

Books, movies, television and everything else
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Cool TV serie - recommandations?

Post by Dark Angel »

Jonathan Winters wrote:Ok.... I am watching Am-Hor Story.

Wow.

That is one show with a really, really odd rythm. I am really mesmerized by this one. Since season one got really good reviews, I'm not too worried that it'll end badly. But it could become a train wreck. I have three episodes left to Watch...

PP
Agreed on the odd pacing, but the last episode has an odd dynamic. The many people I have talked to about it have similar feelings about it, but still enjoyed the season. Let us (or just me) know what you think!
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

Huh. Looks like Sleepy Hollow got renewed for a second season. Americans must love their cheese. :P

Seriously, though, I hope this new season is better than the first. And hopefully they explain a major error that sticks out (Death is the last Horseman, not the first).
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi Dark Angel,

Yeah, I was not clear on that one.
But I am really enjoying it. It's a fun ride!

:)

Pat
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Catman Jim wrote:
Jonathan Winters wrote: Oh, I don't think I mentioned this: Les Revenants. It is from France. Free on tou.tv
I really, really enjoyed this. Seven episodes I think. There will be a second season. But it ALMOST could have ended like it did.
Extremely atmospheric!!!! Quite a few WTF? moments.
Go. Watch. I will be waiting.
I just binge-watched all 8 episodes, and greatly enjoyed it. Thanks for letting us know about it!
Just to let you know season 2 was finally out in French a few weeks ago. That was quite cool too, more mysteries, and not them are answered. A bit slower, but very good again.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi Joël!

Thanks for letting us know!
I'll try to track that one down!

(If I haven't forgotten too much from season one!)
:)

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

The series is about to end, but I only recently started watching it:

Ten reasons why I recommend Gravity Falls:

1- Though it's a Disney series, Gravity Falls bends the rules of what a Disney animated series should be.

2- It's basically X-Files for kids, but there are Illuminati symbols all around. (Especially the eye-in-a-pyramid symbol, which eventually gets revealed in the series.)

3- There are codes and cryptograms scattered everywhere, some of them backmasked.

4- The story is based on the real-life experiences of director Alex Hirsch and his twin sister Ariel.

5- The regular voice actors are all adult comedians (Jason Ritter, Kristen Schaal, Linda Cardellini, Niki Yang).

6- Big name guest voice overs (Neil deGrasse Tyson, Mark Hamill, Larry King, Lance Bass, Weird Al Yankovic, Louis CK, Jennifer Coolidge, Nathan Fillion, etc.)

7- The comedy of Gravity Falls is for all ages, though a lot of it can only be gotten by adults (again, bending Disney conventions).

8- The story is serialized, and the characters encounter: at least two hauntings, a zombie horde, clones, Boy Band clones, psychotic video game characters brought to life, a merman, a secret society, the 8 1/2 President of the United States, a spider lady, a literal god, parasitic gnomes, giant robots, a tribe of manly minotaurs, a tribe of living golf balls, wax statues, a golem made entirely of bad candy, a chaos beast trapped in a decaying dimension, etc.

9- THEY PLAY D&D!

10- It's genuinely scary in many cases.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Gravity Falls is awesome. I am still catching up on it myself. The hidden messages and the fact that the monsters are actually a bit scary is something I respect and enjoy and I know kids probably do too.

I finished the first season of Gotham recently. Considering how it could have went I think it was pretty good. The addition of fish and the expansion of the other younger rogues backgrounds and the histories expanding Jim's and Harvey's as well as Lesley's backgrounds is interesting. I also love Jim Gorden and Lesley Tompkins. So good as a couple! And great to see Morena Baccarin again!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."