Question for the authors out there

Books, movies, television and everything else
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Question for the authors out there

Post by Jimsolo »

So, I've just recently started writing for publication. Before I ask this, I feel it is important to point out that I am a techno-savage. Really, my wife is fond of pointing out that I am about half a beard away from being Amish. So I am unfamiliar with some of these concepts.

Now, a while ago I had someone express interest in publishing an article I wrote about a former campaign of mine (specifically a table I had developed for it) but I was turned down because I had already posted it at one point online. (On a blog I started at the suggestion of my players.) Now, I would like to do something with the material I have posted to my blog. I love throwing stuff up there, on the off-chance that someone can use it, but I don't want it torpedoing me down the line.

Is all the stuff I've put up on my blog now considered to be off-limits for publication? What if I pull the blog down? Is it okay to submit that stuff for publication then? Generally speaking, most of the 'writers' I run into are hacks (I live in a town where over half the population is college students) but I have been genuinely impressed with the level of professionalism I have seen from some of the folks on this site, especially the FoS members. I was hoping that one of you with some experience could offer me some information on this, since I'd be a little more inclined to trust your word.

Thanks for any help you can give.