Human Centipede

Books, movies, television and everything else
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Human Centipede

Post by alhoon »

I watched that movie that I heard it was quite shocking and very horrific and other things.

Well, all I can say is that it doesn't succeed in horrifying me. It's good if you watch it on TV an evening with little else to do but don't expect anything like what some critics made it to be. All in all, I had some good laughs in the movie.
The acting isn't good, the are glaring loopholes in the plot and the "shock value" of people attached together is very low for someone that had ran a game in Markovia or even lamordia. It really isn't anything special. It seems like a very low budget movie that was completely based for "owws" in 3 people joined together with a thin plot to cover it. Well, 3 people joined together isn't as horrific as even some real world events.

Funny parts:
VIEW CONTENT:
I just couldn't stop laughing towards the end where the protagonist is crying with her head buried in a dead Chinese dude's butt with her friend buried in her own butt. Even now that I remember it I laugh.
Earlier it was always funny to hear the Chinese dude swearing in Chinese and the muffled butt-cries of the other two.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Human Centipede

Post by HuManBing »

Dude, when I showed you those home tapes of my birthday celebrations you PROMISED you'd keep them secret! :evil:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

HuManBing wrote:Dude, when I showed you those home tapes of my birthday celebrations you PROMISED you'd keep them secret! :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that was the best joke I heard today.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Zettaijin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zettaijin »

I don't think that movie was made entirely seriously.

It delivered on what it promised: a human centipede.

The crazy doctor was fun in that zany, tic and twitch your way through the movie sort of way. His scenery chewing was certainly very à propos considering how he was to be the stereotypical evil genius.

But I agree it wasn't any great shakes overall and more of a one concept film.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Zettaijin wrote:But I agree it wasn't any great shakes overall and more of a one concept film.
Which makes it all the more humorous that they've made a sequel. :):):)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Gonzoron I see what you did there with the three smileys right behind each other.

Disapprove!

ಠ_ಠ
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Do you know what we really miss? A movie about hidden monsters with mysterious supernatural powers that eat brains. No seriously, I would like to see a movie with monsters cracking/dissolving skull and eat brains.
Does anyone have any good suggestions?
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

HuManBing wrote:Gonzoron I see what you did there with the three smileys right behind each other.
Disapprove!
Sorry, I ain't installing a jawless smiley... That's the best I can do. :adam:
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Hazgarn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hazgarn »

I read an article that was a top ten of "most disturbing movies ever". They listed The Human Centipede, because the most disturbing thing about it was that someone wrote it, pitched it, got it funded, and was able to convince a group of actors to play it out, and actually got theaters to run it. I'm sure at least one of those called for a Powers Check.

I wasn't overly impressed with it thrill-wise. The doctor was kind of interesting, though. His obsessions were so bizarre, personal and almost juvenile. The entire movie had an uncomfortable note of "Just why?"
Deranged Comics Fan
Strife-monger
Daughter of a Troll
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Hazgarn wrote:I wasn't overly impressed with it thrill-wise. The doctor was kind of interesting, though. His obsessions were so bizarre, personal and almost juvenile. The entire movie had an uncomfortable note of "Just why?"
The doctor was a crappy actor. Really, the whole thing screamed "low budgeeeet! ! !".

Also I didn't feel the "just why?" thing. The doctor did it because he was crazy. And really someone moaning with her face burried in another's butt isn't disturbing or unerving. It's funny. I couldn't stop but think: "In all those scenes... didn't anyone of them farted?"
My DMGuild work!
Hazgarn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hazgarn »

Okay, I'll admit I didn't really watch this movie so much as listen to it while someone else was watching and I was doing something else, and I liked his accent. :lol:
Deranged Comics Fan
Strife-monger
Daughter of a Troll
Zettaijin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zettaijin »

alhoon, the doctor was probably meant to be a parody of those zany Udo Kier-esque German mad scientist in all manners of low budget sleazy exploitation films.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I think it's not parody but cheap immitation.
My DMGuild work!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

If you want a human centipede simply check out this link to an image from Silent Hill Homecoming!

Much creepier! :wink:
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Indeed this at least seems to be creepy, not funny.
My DMGuild work!