American Horror Story

Books, movies, television and everything else
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: American Horror Story

Post by alhoon »

Is it me or the finale of Season 4 seems positively surreal?

Now, my problems with it so far (up to half) is that it seems to have been poorly directed.
At two points I could easily discern that bullet wounds were more or less lipstick-made, among other things
VIEW CONTENT:
Like Dandy moving his arm nicely after it had a bullet through it, not even seeming to register pain

Now... on spoilery things
VIEW CONTENT:
How magnanimous of Dandy to forgive the twins for tricking him after he massacred 10 people in front of them for his own amusement.
The Catharsis I felt after Dandy bit the dust was eligible for Greek tragedies. I was scared that something would go wrong and that creep would somehow survive.
Gothic-horror (And law) wise, extrajudicial killing is never accepted. But if it's one exception that would make it, is that one, the murdering of Dandy. In my heart, I couldn't find a morsel of mercy or sympathy for Dandy as he straggled and died.
When Joffrey Baratheon from GoT died, I said "he was a kid". Dandy was just a monster.

In any case, I also felt :? about the forced "and they lived happily ever after" thing. I mean, a jail-free card in the end? Because "stars never pay"? Really? I would felt much better if it ended when Mordake stabbed her. Lights off then. That's it. No "happily ever after"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!