Game of Thrones - the TV series

Books, movies, television and everything else
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Game of Thrones - the TV series

Post by tomokaicho »

Is anyone else concerned that Tyrion's proposal to the Great Masters didn't make a lick of sense? I was literally jarred out of my suspended disbelief.

The situation in Meereen is that there is a guerrilla insurgency. Tyrion is in no position to make this kind of offer to the Great Masters, and there is no reason for them to accept even if he did.
GreenWood
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by GreenWood »

The Hound isn't dead! That's good news at least!
I, the Lord of the Midnight Green, now give rise to my final dream.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Binged on the 6th season.

In short it was the worse season. Lazy writing everywhere and glaring mistakes. Episodes 2-3, 5 and 8 were good. 4 and 10 were watchable but still gave me the shivers.
Episode 1 and 6 were groan-fests that made me want to drop the series. 7 and 9 were below average but not as cringe-worthy.

The errors, the pandering-to-the-fans-even-when-it-doesn't-make-sense, the over-simplifications and the jaw-dropping mistakes on how battles are were too many to mention.

More or less it was as if the season was mostly written haphazardly with holes 12-year-olds could spot.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Whoa, that's the most adverse reaction I've seen in regards to GoT season. I'm rewatching through the older seasons again and still think this season was one of the good ones...
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

alhoon wrote:Binged on the 6th season.

More or less it was as if the season was mostly written haphazardly with holes 12-year-olds could spot.
Sadly agree.

I am looking forward to the next book, which is supposed to be released this year. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.