Kickstarter - Ravenloft Inspired tabletop, "Spooks! Wel....

Discussing all roleplaying games
NathanReeseMaher
Conspirator
Conspirator

Kickstarter - Ravenloft Inspired tabletop, "Spooks! Wel....

Post by NathanReeseMaher »

Hey Guys,

I chatted with Joel and he said it would be okay to post this. I was a contributor back in 2006. I wrote, "The Wailing Sorrow" adventure which is still among the netbooks. I wanted to share with you all a tabletop role-playing game inspired by Ravenloft. The game is set in the afterlife, where you can play as a spook in the predominate Victorian city of the dead, Necropolis. Character creation is quick, taking less than 10 minutes to build a character. Denizen or "monster" creation is just as quick, with simple rules that can be learned while you play. There is no level cap. Game play won't slow down and neither will preparation take longer due to gaining higher levels.

As far as adventures, you can explore the Great Beyond in lands such as the Spirit World, The Salts, The River of Styx, The Sea of Lost Memories, The Hellfire Lands and even delve into the dreams of both living and dead in the Dream Veil. You can lead Noir-styled games, uncover mysteries, seek out old but powerful magics, delve into both political and religious intrigue, partner with historical figures such as Edgar Allen Poe or Anna Lovelace. You aid in the search for the lost afterlives such as the Elysian Fields or even Avalon. It's your eternity, how will you spend your afterlife?

Check out the kickstarter and let me know what you think! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/984 ... bletop-rpg
NathanReeseMaher
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Kickstarter - Ravenloft Inspired tabletop, "Spooks! Wel.

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! 8 DAYS LEFT and still needing donations. We have received $2,110.00 in donations from 39 people from all over the world. We are 70% to meeting goal. Remember, it's all or nothing with kickstarter. WE NEED YOUR HELP. Even if you aren't into role-playing games, we've added a limited edition hardcover book that contains all the art that'll be generated from this kickstarter for only a $35.00 donation! SHARE THIS with everyone you know! Every little bit helps! Don't have a bank account? Pick up a pre-paid visa or mastercard with the amount you want and use that! SHARE SHARE SHARE!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Yep, that looks quite cool, I like the atmosphere of it!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
NathanReeseMaher
Conspirator
Conspirator

The artist is amazing! He was recommended to me by a friend of mine. He really knows how to take images from your head and bring them alive... or to unlife in this case.
faris
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by faris »

I thought it was for the playtesters only... if not then all rush to grab it! It's nice!
NathanReeseMaher
Conspirator
Conspirator

The Kickstarter was a success, meaning that the book will be available to purchase hopefully by May 2014. I have updates posted on facebook if you want to search for it under the name spookswttgb. A google search for it will pop up right away. The playtest is closed at the moment but May isn't that far out. :) thanks for your interest and sorry for the delay.