Rosemont Bay Kickstarter

Discussing all roleplaying games
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rosemont Bay Kickstarter

Post by Alastor »

Since there are occasional mentions of various kickstarter campaigns on this forum, has anyone looked into "Rosemont Bay-A Gothic Horror Soap Opera Roleplaying Game"(to be funded three days from now)? Would it be worth trying?
When I first noticed this project, the creators hadn't revealed what system they planned to license, which seemed a little suspicious, but now it appears that they will use the same system as the Smallville RPG, which seems like a good choice based on the genre. On the other hand, from what I've seen of it, it would be virtually imposible to convert to/from d20.
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
Chaot
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: Rosemont Bay Kickstarter

Post by Chaot »

I know Topher from RPGNet. He's a great guy, very bright. I have no doubt that this is going to be a cracking game. The only reason I haven't backed the kickstarted is because I had already backed Ehdrigorh and Esteren and had met my self imposed limit. If I could afford a budget a bit larger then Rosemont would be a definite backing.

Cortex plus is also a pretty brilliant system. I wanted to run a political machinations game where players were drow in Menzoberranzan using Smallsville. I also want to use Marvel Heroic for a fantasy heartbreaker.

Short version. Looks brilliant. I'm going to get it eventually, when I have the money to do so.
danny
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Rosemont Bay Kickstarter

Post by danny »

good post............