Of possible interest: Ghostmaster

Discussing all roleplaying games
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Of possible interest: Ghostmaster

Post by Steve Miller »

I just released "Modern Advances: Ghostmaster" through NUELOW Games. Click here to see the listing at RPGNow.

It's a d20 Modern/OGL advanced class with a creature template that alters the standard ghost to one more fitting for 20th century and futuristic settings. Even more fitting for the "Masque of the Red Death" setting IMO.

This same material was released by ID Adventures as "Spookmaster" a few years ago, but if you missed it then and have an interest in a psychic PC who sees and talks to dead people (some of whom follow him around), you might want to take a look. (There's also a preview of part of the product you can read.)

--Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Of possible interest: Ghostmaster

Post by Steve Miller »

POST NECROMANCY!!! Oooohoooo... spooooky!

If anyone reading this recently downloaded a copy of "Ghostmaster" (or tried to and ended up with something very different), I apologize for the mix-up. The problem was brought our attention today, and we have now fixed it.

So, if you try to download "Ghostmaster" again, you'll end up with what you wanted. (And if you bought a copy last year, you'll get a slightly revised version if you re-download.)

--Steve Miller
MichaelTumey
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MichaelTumey »

Just ordered and downloaded this, I will check it out. Always interested in new takes on Ghost Hunter type class builds. Of course I might use it as a base for a Pathfinder designed class for possible use in my Kaidan setting of Japanese horror. Ghosts are a major theme of Kaidan and additional tools to exploit that is always a good thing. I'm not a modern gamer fan, so of course I'd alter the Electromagnetic ability - reflavor that for a more feudal setting. I'll post a review here and perhaps RPGNow, once I go through it in detail.
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

I hope you find it useful, and I look forward to your feedback/review. I wish we got more of them on the NUELOW Games's releases, because we are mostly flying blind when it comes to trying to determine what our audience likes and doesn't like.

I still can't figure out why things I believe are going to be weak sellers but still put together because I love the material end up being the strongest sellers. (Our comedy short story collections--"Fists of Foolishness," "Shanghaied Mitts," "The Misadventures of Breckinridge Elkins" and "Breckinridge Elkins Rides Again"--are still our top sellers... and I thought they'd be the weakest. I thought "Names in the Black Book" and "Shadows Over Texas" would be the better-selling collections.)

And poor L.L. Hundal still can't figure out why her beloved "The Sheik" and "Bathtime on Bear Creek" products haven't emerged as top sellers among ROLF! products the way the Robert E. Howard comedy story collections did on the fiction side, since they incorporate stories by him with ROLF! combat scenarios.
MichaelTumey
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MichaelTumey »

I'm lucky regarding reviews with my Kaidan setting products. Since Kaidan is published as an imprint under Rite Publishing, who happens to be one of the top 3PP for Pathfinder (and other game systems), we seem to attract the top industry reviewers (like Thilo Graf, aka Endzeitgeist) on a consistent basis. One thing though, once we find a regularly reviewer, we always send them a free PDF copy a week or so before the official release of any product, in the hopes to getting another review - that tactic seems to work well. Perhaps something you should consider.