New large-scale, multi-DM game, seeking DMs

Discussing all roleplaying games
Aegir
Conspirator
Conspirator

New large-scale, multi-DM game, seeking DMs

Post by Aegir »

My apologizes if this is the wrong place to put something like this, but I was unable to find any FAQ stating where, or even if, this sort of thing is frowned upon. I'm working on putting together a game involving multiple DMs based in Sigil, largely for the multiverse-spanning potential the City of Doors offers. I'm not terribly versed in several game worlds, and Ravenloft happens to be one of them, but would like it to have a presence in the game if at all possible.

The basic idea of the game is fairly simple: multiple DMs running within the same game, running 1-2 session mini-quests or larger storylines consisting of interconnected short quests. The game would likely run several times/week (depending largely on player interest and DM availability), and DMs are fully capible of playing when not DMing. DMs would also likely earn XP for the PC of their choice from running sessions.

The game itself is located in Sigil; partially because Sigil is cool, but also because it lets the DM go anyplace with a story, be it Faerun, Eberron, Greyhawk, a homebrew world, anywhere, and always has a large, established pool of characters to draw from. The characters exist in the game, not the individual DMs campaign, so once a DMs game is done, they simply come back next session and get involved again. It allows for characters to exist for large amounts of time and develop over several campaigns, and in this case, through several worlds.

Right now, what I'm looking for is someone interested in DMing some Ravenloft quests in the game. I'm fairly experienced with 3.5E and have just come off my first time DMing, which can best be described as a learning experience. I've got several people interested in the game both for DMing and playing, and I'd like to get several of the worlds covered by DMs, and at least a few right from the start.

Anyway, if you have any interest, please IM or PM me, and I can explain the game in better detail, as well as your possible role.

Also; if this sounds like a game you'd like to play in, feel free to IM or PM me also, and I'll be sure to keep you posted as the game nears its start.