El Siete and its members

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

El Siete and its members

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I've been thinking about El Siete/the Seven (the mysterious qabal that Pontanegro refers to as a group of "fiends" that answer directly to it1see p. 108 of the Guide to Gothic Earth in the original campaign setting.) The book goes onto note that they were drawn from the Red Death's home realm and were very similar in nature to the Red Death itself.

With the above in mind, I think it might be interesting to speculate on the identities of El Siete. Note that while the Red Death might've originated in the Demiplane of Dread, it doesn't necessarily mean that El Siete are/were famous people from that domain. (They could be similarly mysterious entities that were exiled because they served the Red Death, much as the fall of Lucifer brought hoards of lesser angels down with him on the fall. So basically, I'm going firs with mysterious entities that occupt first and foremost.

With that in mind, here's a few possible suspects:
-Aleister Crowley (Gothic Earth Gaz, p. 31) His write up in Gothic Earth gazetteer makes him evil but not human. His M.O. seems very in league with what the Red Death might like to encourage.

-Dr. Dominiani- the only character I can think of who exists in both Ravenloft and Gothic Earth ((Dragon Magazine)

-Inclavia- red widow mystic who rooted out the Defiance's secrets (A Guide to Gothic Earth, p. 9)

-Zamolk the Destroyer- wrecked the Circle by instigating the Salem Witch Trials against them (Guide to Gothic Earth p. 14, 35)
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: El Siete and its members

Post by Resonant Curse »

One of the interviews squirreled away on here said that the Red Death was supposed to be an "exiled" Dark Power. What that would mean for "similar" creatures could be anything.