Need Help with Remembering MotRD Sequel Setting

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Grald
Conspirator
Conspirator

Need Help with Remembering MotRD Sequel Setting

Post by Grald »

I need some help with my failing memory. A few years ago there was a fan-made setting online with a ton of materials (notably a ton of adventures, that went sequentially through the years in-game) for a Masque of the Red Death sequel setting taking place the first decade of the 20th century (possibly into the second decade as well). I want to say that "Rose" was in the title (reminiscent of Living Death's Society of the White Rose). This was prior to Gothic Earth Eternal. I can't remember the year or anything. I would really like to find this stuff again if anyone knows what it was called or where to find it.

I remember seeing a link on the general board (possibly the Gothic Earth board, can't recall) although it could have been the old Kargatane board.

Thanks for any help!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Need Help with Remembering MotRD Sequel Setting

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I vaguely remember what you're talking about, so you didn't imagine it. But I can't find it anywhere, or remember any more than you do. sorry. :(
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Hmm, I thought I'd already replied to this, memory must be failing me. Are you speaking of this http://fellowshipwhitestar.com/

It's from what I understand more of a sequel in spirit than in official canon (since there is none to my knowledge.)
Grald
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Grald »

Yes, that's it, indeed! I wasn't sure until I saw the cover art (which I remembered from last time I found the site) and the title: Fellowship of the White Star: Legacy of the Rose, a clear reference to Living Death. And yes, not an official continuation. I seem to recall that the folks who made this setting wanted to continue MotRD but have filed off all the serial numbers so that it could be legally publishable.

Thanks for finding this - I don't think I ever would've.
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

There was that Masque of the Jade Horror (think it was horror anyway...) that never made it to print.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Resonant Curse wrote:There was that Masque of the Jade Horror (think it was horror anyway...) that never made it to print.
Yes, originally Jade Dragon, then changed to Jade Horror, then cancelled. Remnants of what might have been show up in Gothic Earth Eternal.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."