"Fair Better in Death" Campaign Journal Comments

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

"Fair Better in Death" Campaign Journal Comments

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

I noticed that in some of the other forums, threads were started so the reader could comment on a Journal, or Fictional Story thread. Hence, this post. Be gentle!! LOL! :)
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: "Fair Better in Death" Campaign Journal Comments

*Sounds of Crickets* Hmmmm....lol :)
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

Very good! I never took the time to create a second thread for comments, I prefer to keep it all together. But it was a very energetic opening, the characters are cool and overall you stuck to the theme and gothic mood very well. Highly impressed. I liked the photo inserts as well, helped establish your flavor very well. Keep up the good work, son!!!
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Wow!! Somebody actually read it, and decided to comment. LOL!! Forgive my excitement. I was beginning to wonder if my work had been deemed "unworthy" by the readers here. :wink: Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Since I actually have at least one reader interested, I'll be sure to post up each segment as they emerge from the game in this forum. :D I decided to use the different pictures to illustrate the story, as I found it very easy to look up different images on the internet. Google/Images is a wonderful thing. heehee I'm glad they made your reading experience much more enjoyable. The thing I like most about this story line is that it uses a strong blend of actual history, and fictional story that the reader can relate with very well. Thanks again for reading! It's much appreciated. 8)

My gaming group meets this coming Saturday, so look for the next installment soon after that. :wink:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Keep in mind that reading a journal like this can be somewhat daunting. Personally, I've had it open in a tab for a while and have been meaning to read it, just haven't gotten a good chunk of time to dive in.. Lack of comments probably means people haven't gotten around to reading it, not that they didn't like it. Be patient, the posts aren't going anywhere. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Thanks for the info Gonzoron. I admit I was hoping for a quick response, as I had worked pretty hard on it. heheh As of late, I've had plenty of time on my hands, and I forget sometimes that not everyone else may be that fortunate. Sorry.. :wink:
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Well, I've added the second installment to my MotRD Campaign Journal "Fair Better in Death!", I tried to make a worth while read, including images. I hope you like it. :)
Saranka
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Saranka »

Great journal. Very well presented.

Some time ago I selected the two posts, copied them to a word processor and printed the pages. Then read them while flavouring a good hot black coffee on a grey November afternoon. Excellent read.

Felt like reading a good old victorian story.

I liked it when I imagined the player's game through the actions of the characters (ex.: "so you have been caught in a trainwreck and instead of helping the suffering wounded, you're gonna rob them!?")... So funny. So true.

I'm also curious. I never played with the 2nd Edition. Why did you choose to use it? What is there in the rules that made you prefer them over those of MotRD d20?

Looking forward for the rest of the campaign.
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Thank you for reading Saranka, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :wink: As for your question as to why I decided to go with 2nd Edition over the d20 version, well, the reason is simple enough. I started playing D&D in January of 1981, so the majority my library of gaming material has been, and still is all 2nd Edition. 2nd Edition is what I'm very well versed in, and am used to running games of D&D with. Because MotRD is relatively a stand alone type of game, I've been kicking around the idea of going to the d20 MotRD, but have yet to purchase the book just yet. It is of course out of print, and from what I've seen is now fairly high priced. I've seen prices anywhere from $60 - $120 dollars! Yeesh! I may still do it someday, but for now, my players, and I are content with 2nd Edition. After this campaign is over, I may see about making the switch. We'll see.