It starts here: MotRD with PFRPG - The Parson

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

It starts here: MotRD with PFRPG - The Parson

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hello,

I'm toying around with the Pathfinder RPG rules for MotRD. Here is a first draft for the Parson class.

Take note that some of the classes will be 10 levels BECAUSE I WANT PCs to multiclass. I think it makes sense for them to do so. Since while looking into the abyss and all that... I might even go so far as to make the spellcasters 10th level classes so they are forced to multiclass and limit spellcasting. I'm not sure yet... Ot they might be the only class to go up to 20 levels (with some limitations imposed because of the Red Death)... And I want it to be more pulp!

And another question: Do we want characters in MotRD to advance to high levels? Has anyone played a high power MotRD game? I'd be interested to hear from you!

And a last note, this will be a slow process for me (real life, an ongoing RL game, etc...), but I do have the advantage of not starting from scratch (because of my 3.75 rules found on this site!).

So here is the Parson...

Intellectual - Parson

1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Bonus skill focus feat (Knowledge: Religion); Make Blessed Water (1D6 damage + Cha mod)
2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Bonus feat; Iron Will feat
3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 Channel Energy (1D6)
4th +2 +1 +1 +4 Improved Blessed Water (1D6 + twice Cha mod); Turn Creatures of the Night
5th +2 +1 +1 +4 Domain ability
6th +3 +2 +2 +5 Greater Blessed Water (2D6 + twice Cha mod); Channel Energy (2D6)
7th +3 +2 +2 +5 Bonus skill focus feat (religion); Bonus feat
8th +4 +2 +2 +6 2nd Domain ability
9th +4 +3 +3 +6 Domain ability (8th level ability from 1st domain)
10th +5 +3 +3 +7 Channel Energy (3D6)

Hit Die: D8+2
Weapons:
All Parsons are proficient in both simple weapons and handguns.

Class skills: Academician (Seminarian?), Diplomacy, First Aid, Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (ancient languages, cryptology, etiquette, forbidden lore, government, history, local, religion), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis) and Sense Motive (Wis).

Class features:
Bonus skill focus feat:
Knowledge (religion) at 1st level and 7th level.

Make Blessed Water:
At 1st level, the Parson gains the ability to make Holy Water. She may create a vial of Holy Water a number of times a day equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Each vial is capable of inflicting 1D6 + charisma modifier damage to any undead creature.
Improved Blessed Water:
At 4th level, the Parson’s ability to make Holy Water increases. She may create a vial of Holy Water a number of times a day equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Each vial is capable of inflicting 1D6 + twice her charisma modifier damage to any undead creature. This ability stacks with the initial Blessed Water ability.
Greater Blessed Water
At 6th level, the Parson’s ability to make Holy Water increases again. She may create a vial of Holy Water a number of times a day equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Each vial is capable of inflicting 2D6 + triple her charisma modifier damage to any undead creature. This ability stacks with the initial Blessed Water ability and Improved Blessed Water abilities.

Bonus feat:
Iron Will at 2nd level.

Bonus Feat:
At 2nd and 7th level, the Parson gains a bonus feat to be chosen from the following list: Ancient Knowledge Expert, Courage, Jaded, Linguist, Open Mind, Skill Focus (Knowledge: Ancient languages) or Wrath of God*
*Use the Voice of Wrath feat in the Ravenloft Campaign setting book.

Channel Energy (1D6):
At 3rd level, the Parson gains the Channel Energy ability from the Pathfinder RPG Roleplaying game.
Channel Energy: (2D6)
At 6th level, the Parson’s Channel Energy ability increases to 2D6.
Channel Energy: (3D6)
At 6th level, the Parson’s Channel Energy ability increases to 3D6.

Turn Creatures of the Night:
At 4th level, the Parson must choose whether to turn undead or lycanthropes. The Parson turns creatures as a Mystic four levels lower than her Parson level. If they multiclass to a Mystic spellcasting class that can turn undead, the parson’s Turn ability will stack.

Domain ability:
At 5th and 8th level, the Parson gains a domain ability from the Pathfinder RPG Roleplaying game.
The Parson may choose from the following list of domains: Air, Animal, Charm, Community, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Glory, Good, Healing, Knowledge, Law, Liberation, Luck, Magic, Nobility, Plant, Protection, Repose, Rune, Strength, Sun, Travel, Water and Weather.

Improved Domain ability:
At 9th level, the Parson’s ability from her 1st domain increases to the 8th level ability from PFRPG.
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com