More historical and literature characters

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: More historical and literature characters

Post by jules »

How about the bride of Frankenstein's monster?
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

Spoiler Alerts
The bride of Frankenstein never actually appeared in the novel as the good Doctor promised to make Adam (the monster's actual name) a mate but continually destroyed them because of revulsion of what he was doing. Adam finally observed this and in retaliation killed Elizabeth Frankenstein the Doctor's wife. As a twist I would use the alchemical child template from Van Richtan's arsenal. Or to get really twisted suppose Mary Shelly herself is not just making the story up, but is the granddaughter of Adam and his bride.
Even a man who is pure of heart
And says his prayers by night
May become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms
And the moon is full and bright
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

What about George Washington?
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

I would use D20 modern rules. smart hero 5/tough hero 5/ charasmatic hero 5. Definitly go with a Lawful Good alignment for the times. However as a tread possibilty haunted by ghosts of the past soldiers lost under his command and ties to dark cabals and secret societies that helped win the war against the English. possibly the knowledge of protecting a secret treasure that could change all we know about world history (i.e. look into pre-colombian Templars in America.)
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

You might be able to crib some ideas from the TV series "Sleepy Hollow". Then again, a campaign of what happened during the 200 years between the time period of Ichabod's death and his resurrection might make for an interesting idea in general.
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

I actually haven't watched Sleepy Hollow (I only have Netflix) heard about though.
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

how about smurfs & gargamel as they were set in meadeival times & might work in masque of the red death if they were moved up a few centuries!
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

Smurfs ae smurfly fey creatures. Originally Belgian I believe, probably go with a gnome with fey creature template and make them tiny. Gargamel would be a wizard for smurf. Dread wise malicious little smurfs with Gargamel holding them at bay. And smurfitly I'm surprised this surfing thread is still surfing going lol
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

My wife brought up that each smurf would have its own class. Jokey would be Rogue/alchemist multi class, papa smurf a sorcerer or shaman, smurfette a bard or aristocrat. Gargemel give a troll or ogre treatment
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

As not all cyclops were killed by Jason & the arganots would people still encounter them in Gothic earth?
TheDrifter
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by TheDrifter »

Anyone ever stat Aleister Crowley? Sure, he would've only been 14-15 in 1890, but I'm going to fudge on that a bit and put him somewhere in his early 20's. I'm considering him as a 7th level Adept, Lawful Evil. I'm still on 2nd Edition for my Gothic Earth campaign, so I'm giving him nw proficiencies of: Pick Pockets (b), Savoir-faire, Etiquette, Mesmerism, Spellcraft, Religion, Gaming (chess), Mountaineering, Academician (literature), Languages (Egyptian, German, Latin, Austrian).

The MotRD board is always pretty dead, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Someone may have an idea I hadn't considered...
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Aleister Crowley always struck me as more Chaotic than Lawful, because of his embrace of the counter-culture, individualist philosophy, and occasional lack of cohesiveness to his perspectives.

It's been forever since I did 2e, did they have proficiencies for writing. He should have that, and probably Spiritcraft (since that's separate from Spellcraft for some reason). 7th level is probably pretty reasonable for when he's in his 20s, since he was performing rituals of Goetia by then. You might go as high as 11th since Wrench is a 6th level spell and probably one of the most basic demon-summoning spells.