More historical and literature characters

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

More historical and literature characters

Post by Nukdai »

sorry I'm a history buff and found the previous threads enthralling. Could the collective genius from the prior postings do one more? Lizzie Borden trial was in 1892. Please help. Should Lizzie the spinster be the villian or should folklore prevail as her parents were abusive sadists
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

Got another one

Born 20 April 1889 to poor Austrian parents in the village Braunau am Inn in Austria-Hungary (the oldest documented town in Austria) he was corrupted from birth by the Red Death, so much so that mystics from old and the Vistani predicted his birth as one of the Anti-christs of prophecy. Adolf Hitler
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: More historical and literature characters

Post by Intrepid »

Nukdai wrote:sorry I'm a history buff and found the previous threads enthralling. Could the collective genius from the prior postings do one more? Lizzie Borden trial was in 1892. Please help. Should Lizzie the spinster be the villian or should folklore prevail as her parents were abusive sadists
I am thinking that you can actually combine both of these into a fairly compelling NPC.

Lizzie's parents were in fact sadists and their abuse of Lizzie warped her until she too became a sadist. Her first true act, and in a way what freed her to continue, was killing her parents. However, instead of being an obvious villain Lizzie is a master at appearing nonthreatening (maybe through some kind of magic artifact/demonic pact/curse etc.) and uses this to her advantage to not only allay suspicion, but also to make acquiring victims for her sadistic urges.

Maybe there has been a string of child disappearances in the area and the authorities have no idea that Lizzie is behind them. Enter the PC's who not only learn Lizzie is behind them, but have to find a way to convince other people that she is actually guilty of these crimes.
Please visit [url]http://www.gofundme.com/serenem[/url]
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

damn didn't think about that way kick ass
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

thank you much for the compliment, I kind of like doing this kind of thing.
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

El Muerte: The Headless Horseman. Texas 1850 along the Rio Grande a cattle thief known simply as Vidal took advantage of the Commanche raids to steal cattle and move them across the border into Mexico. Legendary Texas Rangers Creed Taylor, "Bigfoot" Wallace and others tracked him down beheaded and lashed his body upright to a wild mustang with the bloody head hanging from the pommel. Legend goes horse and body wandered south Texas causing all manner of evil and misfortune. Finally tracked down by a local posse the body was laid to rest in an unmarked grave near Fort Inge, while the horse wa turned loose of its burden.
Forbidden lore: Vidal (a native of Mexico) began his career as a simple thief and would have passed into obscurity save when captured and put to his grisly demise he vowed to forever torment Texas
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

Patrick Tomas, born Janurary 13, 1805 prophet and founder of the Holy brotherhood of silence church. Dark Lore: Patrick Tomas is able to entrance people with his claims of being a prophet of god, in fact his power is from a demonic pact, however, he does no realize this and continues to brainwash people all cross the United States of America. These followers are very devoted to the church and willing to commit almost any atrocity imaginable in the name of prophet and god.
Last edited by Intrepid on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

good one careful with that though might be some out there watching you
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Yeah, that one there treads a little too close to defaming a real-world religion for my tastes. I know there are certainly some folks around here who would take offence to calling the founder of their church a demon-worshipper, and I wouldn't disagree with them.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

Yeah, I can see the point there. Will throw up an edit. Thanks for pointing that out.
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

just for the record not offended and thought about doing Torquemada
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

Not a problem, I wasn't upset at all and thought a good point was brought up.
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

no problem. On to Torquemada an agent of the Red Death or an ancient evil qabal set upon twisting kingdoms with honeyed words he sloly became a Heucuva or divine lich
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

Tomas de Torquemada (ancient dead): Grand Inquisitor of the Spanish Inquisition and confessor of Queen Isabella. Torquemada led the inquisition in it's fanatical crusade against Jews and Muslims as well as "converso"s for nearly 15 years countless innocents were tortured and killed for their beliefs
Forbidden Lore: Torquemada himself is of Jewish converso decent and now haunts the dungeons beneath Seville with fellow undead monks continuing to torture those unfortunate enough to fall into their clutches.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Thanks for understanding, Intrepid. Chalk it up as one of the pitfalls of playing in a world that's "just like historical earth, except there are monsters hidden among us". Slander comes with the territory, I suppose. :) We just have to try to restrict the slander to people no one cares about anymore. ;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."