Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hi all,

After the end of the MotRD-spawned campaign "Living Death",
the site that hosts the campaign documents and related info
is going to be deleted some time soon.

If you're still interested in picking up some of the (excellent) files,
you have to hurry:

http://www.livingdeath.org/

I am wondering, BTW, if the Frat couldn't hammer out some kind of deal with RPGA about the trillions of LD-modules that were created over the years.

Surely, that'd be a great addition to the Cafe's library!

Yours,

Rafe
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Why do people delete invaluable stuff like this?
The cure for what ails you
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

There's nothing on the site regarding this closing. Are you sure that the site is closing and not just the campaign ending?
Evil Reigns!!!!
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

So it was said on the Living Death Yahoo mailing list a few days ago.

Nothing specific there, though, just that the site was closed.

Like five days ago, I think.

Would definitely prefer it to be just a rumor. :(
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

cure wrote:Why do people delete invaluable stuff like this?
This.

A piece of history fades away, but I guess that because it had finished they didn't see a need to pay server bills anymore.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Now it's out :(

Raphael, if you want to ask on the LD mailing list, I'd be happy to talk to them.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Le Noir Faineant

:) That's great, Joel! I'll contact them ASAP. However, it's not an exclusive club, so just join us!

Here's the group page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3e_livingdeath/

Will write them tonight - in fact, I was just checking before I have to leave for an appointment. :)
Sassey
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sassey »

I believe the two LD campaign coordinators have moved on to the new Living Forgotten Realms campaign. Id' guess that they didn't want to keep paying for the website since the campaign was done. BTW, those two folk were absolutely the best campaign directors I've seen which is why I will try that campaign even though it doesn't truly interest me. With them on board, it might well be cool.

In regards to availability of the modules. I believe one of the campaign coordinators mentioned on the LD yahoo group that the modules were owned by the RPGA (and thereby WoTC or Hasbro) except for a few in the first yuear or so of the campaign (where the authors didn;t have to sign away the work forever), and that it was unlikely that they would be seen again.

/cheers!

-Dave

PS: You can check out a new d20 horror rpg set in Edwardian earth (1905-1914) at www.fellowshipwhitestar.com
Check out my horror RPG campaign at fellowshipwhitestar.com
Joël of the FoS

Hello Dave,

And welcome here!

I was asking this to Raphael since our FoS goal is first to maintain the RL/MotRD community online alive.

So if we can help in anyway maintaining the campaign online, or its legacy, just say so, it will be a pleasure to host your things :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Sassey
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sassey »

Great! Thanks, glad to be here!

Like I mentioned, we have about 14 modules currently out with 4 premieres being released at Origins 2008 next month. They are free to conventions and large game days. If anyone would like to host a module, I'd be happy to send one to them.

Just about everyone that has played keeps playing, so the base just keeps growing slowly but surely. I take the fact that people continue to play as a great sign that we have done right with the modules. They focus on investigation set in a horror atmosphere. Combat does occur, but generally isn't the primary focus of most modules (some exceptions) as the bulk of them have an intellectual solution that works better than trying to manhandle monsters :)

/cheers!

-Dave
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LivingDeath.org going to be shut down

Post by Resonant Curse »

Did anyone save the files from this page and is willing to share them?
Joël of the FoS

I have to admit I do not remember how this thing ended, but I do not have a copy of these in my files.

If anyone do, send them my way, we will host them here.

Joël
Sassey
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sassey »

Joël of the FoS wrote:I have to admit I do not remember how this thing ended, but I do not have a copy of these in my files.

Joël
It's not legal (not that I am goign to report anyone). They are copyrighted by WOTC (or whoever owns that now). There were a couple in year one or two that weren't, but the rest of the campaign is.
Joël of the FoS

Sassey wrote:
Joël of the FoS wrote:I have to admit I do not remember how this thing ended, but I do not have a copy of these in my files.

Joël
It's not legal (not that I am goign to report anyone). They are copyrighted by WOTC (or whoever owns that now). There were a couple in year one or two that weren't, but the rest of the campaign is.
OK, thanks for clearing my mind on this.

Joël