Realms of Dread, Interlude 2

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Slavery? No, it isn't legal here.

Now, then, the idea of borrowing money....sure, but from whom will we get such a large loan? Our good names are sullied by intimate association with a convicted murderess and condemned outlaw. You mention temples...would Rardi's cult be willing to help, do you think? ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Rardi's perhaps... or Ino's. Or Rardi's and Ino's. We don't have to get it all in the same place."

Shana watches Moorkroft cooley, noting every reaction, and always looking ready for any ssudden moves
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:"Rardi's perhaps... or Ino's. Or Rardi's and Ino's. We don't have to get it all in the same place."

Shana watches Moorkroft cooley, noting every reaction, and always looking ready for any ssudden moves
''That's a very good point, Shana, it needn't all come from the same place.

So far as I know, there is no temple of Mystra in this city. Maybe there is a small shrine. I think the Lathanderites have the largest temple. I know that there are also smaller temples or shrines to other powers- a goddess of trade and a goddess of the sea. There is also a shrine to the God of the Dead. I've had some contact with the keepers of that place. I'm not sure that they'd be helpful to us.

So, who's going to ask the priests at Morningmist Hall for a loan?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana shudders

"Yes we want to steer clear of the death priests. And the Umberlaunts in fact. And i can't see the Waukeenar helping us... unless we can pitch it as entrepreneurship. I'm prepared to approach the Lathander temple. I've been there before."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Old Shell
kintire wrote:Shana shudders

"Yes we want to steer clear of the death priests. And the Umberlaunts in fact. And i can't see the Waukeenar helping us... unless we can pitch it as entrepreneurship. I'm prepared to approach the Lathander temple. I've been there before."
''I agree. If you go sooner rather than later, it may be better for Ino. I'll try and locate a shrine of Mystra, if there is any such. Good luck to both you you. I suggest that we rendezvous here at the Old Shell, all of us, to discuss a plan and share information. How does just past sundown sound?''

[OOC, it is early afternoon now]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:...Alain excuses himself from the Inn and heads out to meet Captain Rask at the Militia Headquarters.
Militia Headquarters, a little later that same afternoon

Watch-Captain Rask looks up from his desk, rubbing his eyes, as Alain raps at the open door of the office.

''Alain? Come in, come in, son. What can I do to help you?''

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

ewancummins wrote:''I agree. If you go sooner rather than later, it may be better for Ino. I'll try and locate a shrine of Mystra, if there is any such. Good luck to both you you. I suggest that we rendezvous here at the Old Shell, all of us, to discuss a plan and share information. How does just past sundown sound?''
"Yes," says Blaise. "Good luck to you as well." He waits until Moorcroft leaves and then he says to Shana, "Damn, I liked him better when we were cursing his name...

"Well, I - or rather Master Zilfarrik - is going to see the baron and try to unruffle any feathers from the previous day. Shana, my love, you're welcome to come with me again, of course, but I certainly understand if you want to start making contacts with possible lenders now. I don't plan to be gone long and I shall apologize appropriately -- he is expecting me to report, after all. If you hear any screams followed by reports that his lordship's manor has burned to the ground, you'll know that things didn't go well."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil looks at Shana with serious face and says:

"There is no chance to let you be slave Shana even if was legal! Yes I want my stuff buck true, but couldn't do that to you. I'll go to Glim and ask his help. He was very kind with me when I was in jail and I hope he wants to help me. Then I'll come to the temple of Lathander as well. Jamethon, the shrine of Mystra is good to pray but I actually need a cleric to lend me the money and don't know if I can find a cleric of Mystra there. But still is a goo to try."

With a smile she looks at everyone and says:

"Better get going, we will meet here later today. Thanks you all for your help, means really lot for me."

With that she exits the inn and heads to Glimzine's shop. Once there asks one of the gnomes to lead her to Glim.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

about an hour and a half later, at the gnomes' smithy/shop-

Ino is only kept waiting for a little while. Glim soons comes to see her. He seems excited to see her.

''Oh, well-met, Inovidil! I've got the worst of the damage to your book repaired, but I'm afraid two spells are irrecoverable. I'll share some of mine with you- maybe I even have the ones you lost? Was there something else you needed?''

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"There is no chance to let you be slave Shana even if was legal! Yes I want my stuff buck true, but couldn't do that to you.
Shana grins

"Oh don't worry, its happened before. A couple of dozen times..."

She looks slightly concernedly at Blaise

"you be careful: don't get carried away. If you're not back by midnight I'm coming looking!"

She heads out and makes for the Lathander temple briskly.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Blaise says warmly, "I'll be careful. Hmm, 'back by midnight' ... does that mean you don't have any plans at the midnight hour? I'll happily keep that in mind." With that, he goes to his room in the inn, washes up, and changes into his finer clothes.

Within minutes, he's on his way to see Lord Ildool.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:

She heads out and makes for the Lathander temple briskly.

When Shana, after a brisk walk through town [it is still raining, of course...], arrives at MorningMist hall, she is admitted at once. The acolytes on duty give her a dry cloak, some wine, and even a meal of grapes and cheese.

One of the acolytes, a tow-headed boy, asks her-

''How can we help you today, mistress? ''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:
Within minutes, he's on his way to see Lord Ildool.

By the time Blaise arrives at Lord Ildool's house, he's got ample reason to be glad of his cloak: the rain has not abated.

The handsome residence is swarming with soldiers, servants, and minor officials.

A pair of guardsmen halt Blaise and demand-

''Your business, sir?''

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Blaise strides up confidently to the guards, but in a friendly not arrogant manner. "Good day, my name is Blaise Zilfarrik, here to see his lordship at his request."

OOC: Blaise has all his equipment except for his daggers and the enchanted armor.
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Ildool's house

After being checked out, Blaise is taken to a parlor. He's kept waiting there for more than an hour....