RL:O - The City of Spices

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"First let's see what happens, then we can decide. I personally can lurk around in the shadows and sneak about. Besides that I am a fair fighter. Though that bastard of a vampire Jander had acquired one of my blades through his body, I have recently replaced it so I think i t's fair to say that I'm good for a fight. I don't think the guards should be too much of trouble to be honest. I just want to free the slavers and put the criminals behind bars. If nothing else let's partake in tales and drink!" Jarg takes a sip of his wine and leaning in he holds out his glass to the others. "To our endeavor tomorrow and much more like them!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil drinks to the toast adn says:

"I want the same thing as you Jarg, but I should know what spells to prepare and for doing so I have to know what will be my role to our mission. I'll attack the ship and the pirates or I'll help Shana with the illusions? I'm ok with both."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise also happily takes another gulp of wine, then says, "Inovidil, it sounds like, because of the spells you know, you're best able among the four of us to attack a whole group of foes. If you have the chance, perhaps you can -- what do those muscle-bound types say? -- ah, yes, 'soften them up' with a big spell as soon as Shana's illusions get them in the right position. Then Jarg and I can pick off the stragglers and start freeing the slaves. Shana can come up to help us out, and then you, Ino, can cover our retreat if we need to get out fast.

"I can create a disorienting mist around me, but it's pretty small. If you can have some sort of concealing spell ready to go in case things don't go as planned, that would be great."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Perfect! I have a lot of spells that can deal damage! And I also have a spell that creates an obscuring mist around me. We can use that as well. Ah, and I can make you move faster, I think that will help too.""
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"Marvelous, Ino," says Blaise. "Well then, shall we drink some more and then take a short look at the dastardly docks? As we said earlier, best to scout out our terrain before tomorrow night's fun."

A wild gleam shines in his eyes, and the red-haired young man suddenly blurts out,

"More wine before the slavers' nest
We spy in shadows deep and dark
At next moonrise we start our fest
And strike our prey on that foul ark!"

He takes another deep drink. "I'm looking forward to this, my friends!"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Very nice, Blaise. I prefer to tlet my blades do the talking" and he removes both. Removing a whetstone he begins sharpening one the the other, until he is satisfied. Then he puts the away. "Can never be too sure, eh? So what say we drink the rest of this wine and get soe sleep
?"

All of you drink well into the night and drag your sorry carcasses to bed at around 4 a.m. Near 1 p.m(you did drink a lot!) you waken and are greeted to Jarg cooking some eggs with bacon. Fresh bread is on the table along with some awful smelling steaming brew. "Drink that, it'll clear the cobwebs from your head, I assure you! A Drowess once showed that to me" he chuckles. "Ok so after we eat, why don't we go see this boat and what types of guards are there. I want to see what they look like and if they'll be any threat."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"It's a great idea Jarg."

Says Inovidil as tapping her nose. Then looks the brew and says:

"Oh great Mystra! Despite your brew have a terrible smell Jarg, I'll try it. I cannot be great help with such headache! Then we can go to see the place."
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"Bonescrape's bloody jest, my head is pounding...!" says Blaise. His eyes match the color of his red hair. "Good morni-- good afternoon, all! That was an excellent wine, thank you again, Jarg. It led to a most interesting dream involving myself, Shana, romantic candlelight, and twirling, dancing kobolds."

He sniffs the suspicious brew. "Noxious indeed, but I never say no to new experiences!" He begins pouring the brew to himself and the others. "Yes, you're right, Jarg -- best to do our spying with relatively clear heads."
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

mmmph. nya. g'way.

zzzzz...zzzzz....zzzzzz.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"What's taking Shana so long? Blaise that was some dream you had. Shana is a pretty lady, just not an elf. Inovidil why don't you go see what's taking her so long?"
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"Fine," Blaise says with mock sadness, "let Inovidil have all the fun." He samples the brew. Then vigorously shakes his head! "Woof... as potent as a bugbear's armpit." He cautiously takes a second sip. "So what of you, friend Jarg? Have you made the aquaintance of other dark elves since we came to this land? What are they like?"
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil nods still trying to convince herself to get a sip of the brew. Seeing Blaise trying it, she gets a deep breath and drinks it.

"Holly Mystra! Yikes, it's disgusting...!"

Says the evoker as rushes to drink a glass of water.

"I'm better now! Yes Jarg. I'll go to check her."

With that Inovidil gets a cup with the brew, goes to Shana's bed and says:

"Shana, are you ok? I'm Inovidil. Drink this, no matter the smell, you will feel better."
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana stirs again fixing Ino with a slightly resentful stare

"mm fine. 'M not a mornins person."

Shana reaches out and takes the drink, absently downs it in one, then sits bolt upright, eyes wide.

"oh my Gods EEEEYYURGGG! What was that stuff? Its evil!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes, I'm sorry for that. The taste and the smell are awful, but it's great for the headache. Jarg made it and both me and Blaise can testify it's miraculous effect! We feel much better now."
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

okay, okay. You got me up in the small hours of the afternoon for this operation... lets not delay! where are these slavers?