Running against the time

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Running against the time

Post by VAN »

Lord Kaving is sitting at a comfortable couch and after has listened carefully Inovidil's story says:

"It's really bad the situation of your friend Inovidil, I have dealed with werecreatures many times and fortunately nobody of us get infected. I don't know how to save her. She is a different person now andit was very wise leaving, otherwise she would have attacked you. Were-wolves use to attack the people who love most. Of course the next day she wouldn't remember anything."

Lord Kaving makes a small pause in order to think then continues:

"I can check the libraries here, but I doubt I will find something. I know only that you should hurry, the most Brethana stays as werewolf more difficult will be for you to save her. I know only someone who might can help you. It's a lich, actually a Baelron. He..."

"Dad, a lich?" Says Inovidil with eyes wide open.

"Yes Ino, a good one, he is very wise since he has lived for so many years and he knows further more things about magic, life and death than I do. I think you should go and find him."
Last edited by VAN on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

At the temple, Renad and the others have gone to ask help to a high cleric.

"Renad, you should hurry, This friend's of yours is very dangerous for the others but for herself too. It was very brave for her to flee, that means she has strong will and that she really cared about you. I don't know what you have to do to save her though, I know only that for sure you should kill the natural werewof, the one who started the blood line. Then probably you need to cast some spells to her. I don't now which though. This is the only help I can give you my friend. Don't loose your courage though, Pelor always helps people like you and Brethana."

"Thanks you Father Harman. I'll tell that to my friends." Says Renad.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"HOw do we find him? Might the library or a sage know more of where he is?" Thalar asks when he arrives with the others at the tower.

Renad says what he learned as well and they go off in search of more information on this Lich.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Tomorrow we can search at the library, there we might find something, but that occurs trime" Says Inovidil.

"I'll ask some people I know tomorrow. They will probably know where to find him. Don't worry honey, we will save your friend." Says Inovidil's father.

"You can all stay at the tower tonight, so it will be easier to stand up the same hour and start searching. Says Kel.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Lord Kaving thinks a moment then states ot the others "This Baelnorn I believe, would be the best help for you friend I think. It will definitely ask you a favour, but accept. It is a good creature. Unlike most liches you have heard of, this one does good and mostly becomes undead to take care of family treasures and heirlooms long after the family has passed on. It can be in crypts or other places. Like I said earlier I know almost nothing about Lycanthropy but I can tell you this. You must act fast because the less time Brethana is a Werewolf the easier it will be to cure her. Supposedly I heard once that a Cleric of Selune can help you. Look into it"

Thalar stands up "Well what are we waiting for, let's get some answers. Hopefully we can find some information about this Baelnorn quickly".

Thalar and Jarg head for the Library whilst Inovidil and Elvira head for the Mage school. Kel and Renad head for the advernturers quarter to call in a few favours and see what he can find out.

Around supper time they reconvene at the tower. "So what have you found today?" Lord Kaving asks the party as they eat. "Jarg you do not have to hide from me, you are welcome here. Please be yourself, okay?"

Jarg blushes and removes his item, now showing his true self.

"Well Renad and I found nothing about this Lich today, papa". Kel says.

"Same here with me and Inovidil, sir" Elvira tells him

"Well Jarg and I spent most of the day in the Library and as we were about to leave, they found a book for us. Lo and behold there is an entry about a good lich but 2 hours from here in the mountains. His name is Belagadon Quenya and he is very very old. Probably 700 or 800 years old."

We should leave tonight and find this Belagadon quickly.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

She felt pain. Excruciating pain like never before, then nothing. Running in the wind, sniffing the air. Then glee as she caught the scent of something. Meal? Meat? Blood? Then she is swimming in a river of blood

Brethana woke with a start. Blinking a few times, she got her focus. I am in the cave. Why am I bloody? Why are my weapons tossed aside again. What do my dreams mean???? And where am I? I hope the guys are okay. Maybe we'll find each other soon and get to Waterdeep. I can't help but wonder why I am here and why I can't remember anything at all.

She emerges from her "cave" and surveys the surrounding area as she has done for the past few days now. Looking around she sees nothing out of the ordinary, then on the ground she spots wolf tracks. I shall have to take care of that. It is probably nothing but to be on the safe side, better verify than waste time relaxing and doing nothing.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"That's great news, at least we have found someone he can help us." Says Renad.

"Yes, but where does he live Thalar? In a tower? It's always a lich he wants his privacy and a great laboratory after all. " Says Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So the party leaves after supper, heading for the mountains high up behind Waterdeep. Thalar and Jarg had shown everyone the information they'd found, and they felt this was the best though most difficult way to go to Belagadon's tower. Lord Kaving told them so as well and wished them luck in their pursuit.

Tired from climbing, hot and sweaty, the party arrives at a plateau. It seems empty, but Inovidil senses something else here. As the party waits she moves around and then stops. Concentrating she smiles then lokks back at the others "It is here, the tower and the door should be close". She moves her hands in complicated gestures and utters a few arcane phrases and out of the air a door appears!

"Is it safe to go in, Inovidil?" Thalar asks anxiously.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana looks around, and sees only the wolf tracks leading to the cave. Odd. I don't remember seeing or hearing any wolf here as of yet. Maybe it came with it's pack, saw the cave was occupied then left.

She follows the tracks and they lead deeper into the woods. Only one set of tracks and now that she has seen them for a while she realises that they are heavier than a normal wolf's prints would be. Another type of Wolf? I do not remember Thalar or my Druid friend telling me about heavy wolves. I shall continue farther and see what I might discover

After a while the forest opens onto a lake, where the prints stop at the beach. She looks around and seeign nothing turns to head back to the cave. Then all goes black....................
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Her head pounded! Looking around she realised she was not in the cave. I was...at..... the lake.... prints.... followed..... then nothing.......
Where am I?
Blinking she got her bearings and tried to move. She could indeed move and did not seem injured. She had that strange metallic taste in her mouth again. Standing she realised she was hidden under some branches and brush. Looking around she realised she was even deeper in the forest. How did I get here? Why was I hidden? Looking down she sees she is covered in blood again What do I do when I black out???? I think I need to find the guys as soon as possible. Renad or Inovidil may be able to help me. Stretching, she gets the circulation going again in her legs and arms. Turning she heads South in hopes of hitting the route and then Waterdeep.

Hours later she finds her way back to the cave she found. Gathering her belongings, she exits and looks back once, then leaves. She walks at an easy pace. As she is walking she gets the impression she is being followed. Walking slower, she pays attention to each noise or movement of bushes in the forest around her. Stopping she removes a dagger from her boot and moving ever so slowly she approaches a bush. As she is about to jump at it, a wolf sticks it's head out of the bush and moves out slowly. Not growling or fearful, it approaches Brethana, even looking friendly? Brethana unsure of what to do, puts her dagger away as she senses no harm from the wolf. The wolf sniffs Brethana and rubs its body against her. Stopping, it looks up at her, then looks to the forest. Walking away, it looks back, then moves a little farther off. Looking back it howls and to Brethana's surprise she howls back! The wolf runs off into the brush and disappears not returning. What was that about, I wonder? Why did it seem like I answered it? Brethana shrugged and headed towards the route, which she was sure was hours away.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes it's safe. The entrance is protected so only wizards can sees it. I have used a spell in order to discern it. As my father have said this lich is a good one, he only wants his privacy that's why he is hidden here." Says |Inovidil and bravely steps forward.

The others follow the evoker in close distance. As everyone has passed the invisible door, the dark around them fades and magic lights permit them to see that they are in the yard of a tower. At higher ground carved in stones there are ugly stone demon-like creatures which seem to follow every single move of the party.

"What are these creatures, they make me shiver." Says Kel.

"There are gargoyles brother they are here in order to protect the tower from intruders. If we are cautious and don''t try to do anything stupid we will have no problem with them." Says Inovidil.

"Where is the Belgadon Ino?" Asks Renad.

"I guess he already waits us at the main room or at the library. As you very well know Renad, liches are undead that mean they live at their way, they don't think like us we do any moire. Especially this one which is 800 years old! They have their own sense of time, which mean they do nothing to make things faster. They know that they have plenty of time before them and they do whatever they want with extreme calm. Expect of course if they have a reason to do otherwise." says Inovidil with a smile.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The Tower is smaller than Inovidil expected. It looks like an old decrepit monastery. As they appraoch the entrance thay all can feel as if a 1,000 eyes are upon them but look as they may, see nothing. It is as if the Gargoyles are looking at them. The party heeds Inovidil's advice.

As they approach the entrance, the door opens. Seeing nothing they move closer. Even Elvira who always has something to say is quiet. They pass through the door and iot closes silently behind them. Before them is a winding set of stairs that seems endless. Looking to Inovidil she shrugs and moves up the stairs. The rest follow her. The stairs and walls are made of a smooth black stone. After what seems like hours, they come to a door. From inside a voice calls out. "Please do enter"......
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Getting a deep breath in order to calm herself, Inovidil enters in the room. The rest of the paryy follow the witch inside and they find themselves in a big library, A big table with many chairs are in the middle of the room all made from an excellent quality wood.. All the walls are covered from shelves foul of books. At the right side of the room there is a big red velvet couch. A door, a bit smaller is against them, but since it's closed they cannot see inside.

In the center of the room, beside the table is standing a middle aged man, who wears a white shirt, black pants and a black velvet cloak, all excellent quality. At his head he wers a gold headbamd with 4 rubies. The man's face is serious and extremely calm, but his white eyes shine with intelligence.

"I'm Belagadon Quenya. Please do sit. I know the reason that brings you to my door, but I prefer listen it from you again." Says the man and his voice is heard despotic and a bit supernatuaral.

"Fortunately he is using an illusion to cover his true appearence. Much better, this way." Thinks Inovidil.

"Of course Inovidil, I know that you and your friend Renad know some things about me, but it's better for your companions if I present myself in that way. Trust me." Says Belagadon telepathicaly to Inovidil.

The witch stares the lich with surprise for a moment, but then sits to a chair and motions to the others do the same.

"We are here in order to help our friend Brethana sir, she has becoem a werewolf and nobody else knows what to do." Says Renad.

"Yes, I do know what to do to help your elf friend, but you should prove yourselves worthy and that you really have good heart. I'll have a quest for you and if you manage to accomplish it, I will tell you what you should do." Says Belagadon and looks everyone directly at the eyes, in order to catch their sensation and feelings.
Last edited by VAN on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg looks back at the Lich with awe in his eyes. "I'll do whatever it takes, sir. She is my friend and I have gotten her out of a few scrapes. As long as what we have to do is on the up and up, I will gladly go on this quest."

Elvira swallows a few times before speaking "Well,sir. She is my friend and that is good enough for me. Whatever quest we need to go on, I am there."

Thalar is very serious as he speaks "I will do whatever it takes to get Brethana back to my side. You cannot keep me from this quest even if you wished me to not participate. I would find a way."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

It was very peaceful in the forest and Brethana was looking forward to seeingher friends again. Coming upon an opening and a small pond, she stopped. Removing her armor, weapons and clothing, she bathed. Ah that feels wonderful. I really needed that! She swam and relaxed. AFter an hour of that, she withdrew from the pond and dressed. Removing a package from her packsack, she opened it. She took the rations and ate them hungrily. Once she was done, she neatly folded the wrapper and placed it in her packsack.

Much later, she felt she was near the route. Finally she could get to Waterdeep and her friends. What would I tell them? Are they looking for me? I am sure they are as worried about me as I am them.

A bird flew overhead and chirped its afternoon song. There was excruciating pain then it went black.........